Beatles - Ready Steady Go / Around the Beatles 8mm (COMPLETE)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MarkRJones1970

Re: Beatles - Ready Steady Go / Around the Beatles 8mm (COMPLETE)

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

These are brill BUT wouldn't it have been better to have had the sound of the raw studio tracks with no audience for the 'Around The Beatles' rehearsal seeing as, during the clips, there isn't any audience? The raw tapes have been on bootleg since the mid 80s.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am These are brill BUT wouldn't it have been better to have had the sound of the raw studio tracks with no audience for the 'Around The Beatles' rehearsal seeing as, during the clips, there isn't any audience? The raw tapes have been on bootleg since the mid 80s.
Is there a crowd-less version of the A-Side medley? If so, I don’t have it and have never heard it
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
IFeelFine

Post by IFeelFine »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am These are brill BUT wouldn't it have been better to have had the sound of the raw studio tracks with no audience for the 'Around The Beatles' rehearsal seeing as, during the clips, there isn't any audience? The raw tapes have been on bootleg since the mid 80s.
Is there a crowd-less version of the A-Side medley? If so, I don’t have it and have never heard it
There is Adam. I'm sure someone will get it to you.
If I remember correctly, there must be 2 versions as one of the transitions (from She Loves You to I Want To Hold Your Hand I think) is slightly different to the version we see on the finished programme.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am
does not sound as clear as the crowd overdubbed version, but not bad,

hxxps://we.tl/t-wraK4PgLNS
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 am does not sound as clear as the crowd overdubbed version, but not bad,

Wow, I have to check on my collection to see if it's featured on some coltturkey/masterjedi/lord reith compilation, but I think I never heard this. Where does it come from? Do we also have the remaining songs without audience?

Btw, do we have any info on who did the medley? Some transitions are really awful, but some others are very nice! I especially like she loves you into I want to hold your hand!
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

nickotina wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am
silver_2000 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 am does not sound as clear as the crowd overdubbed version, but not bad,

Wow, I have to check on my collection to see if it's featured on some coltturkey/masterjedi/lord reith compilation, but I think I never heard this. Where does it come from? Do we also have the remaining songs without audience?

Btw, do we have any info on who did the medley? Some transitions are really awful, but some others are very nice! I especially like she loves you into I want to hold your hand!
I first got in on the 1985 bootleg 'Not For Sale', which I bought around 1987 (side 1, track 9). So it's been around for years.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unaut ... -for-sale/
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Not sure what was posted earlier, but here is the remaster of the medley from Lord Reith. - hxxps://we.tl/t-09slsVwag5

Also could the short clip with Helen Shapiro, 'Look Who It Is' be replaced with the TV version?

I remember there was someone here who was very good at removing translucent watermarks, I hope they are still here and can have a go at these.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Brilliant Adam, thans a lot !! :ugeek:
Ale.
vinylwall

Post by vinylwall »

AdamBound wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm Making a new thread for this to put the fully compiled and finished footage in one place. I've patched in any missing footage, put things in order from the dozens of Getty clips, and synced as much as I possibly could. If there are still any errors, please let me know and I will fix them!
HI AdamBound. Fabulous job!!! Is there a way to download these from this page? Or am I missing something obvious?

Jimi Ray
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Just incredible - thank you so much!