Beatles - Ready Steady Go / Around the Beatles 8mm (COMPLETE)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MarkRJones1970

Re: Beatles - Ready Steady Go / Around the Beatles 8mm (COMPLETE)

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

vinylwall wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 am
AdamBound wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm Making a new thread for this to put the fully compiled and finished footage in one place. I've patched in any missing footage, put things in order from the dozens of Getty clips, and synced as much as I possibly could. If there are still any errors, please let me know and I will fix them!
HI AdamBound. Fabulous job!!! Is there a way to download these from this page? Or am I missing something obvious?

Jimi Ray
Click the arrow on the top right of each video. Then the 2nd icon on the top right is the DOWNLOAD button (an arrow pointing down). 'Tis easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
vinylwall

Post by vinylwall »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm
vinylwall wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 am
AdamBound wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm Making a new thread for this to put the fully compiled and finished footage in one place. I've patched in any missing footage, put things in order from the dozens of Getty clips, and synced as much as I possibly could. If there are still any errors, please let me know and I will fix them!
HI AdamBound. Fabulous job!!! Is there a way to download these from this page? Or am I missing something obvious?

Jimi Ray
Click the arrow on the top right of each video. Then the 2nd icon on the top right is the DOWNLOAD button (an arrow pointing down). 'Tis easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Dohhh!!!! Thanks Mark. Was looking for a download button for each on the first page. Hahaha.

Jimi Ray
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction ... 8&pn=8&g=1

UNSEEN FILM OF THE BEATLES - READY STEADY GO - MARCH AND NOVEMBER 1964 / 'AROUND THE BEATLES' - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY - SOLD WITH FULL COPYRIGHT.
A reel of 8mm film (no audio) containing approx 18 minutes of colour footage, shot c April 1964 by Rediffusion lighting supervisor Teddy Fader. Also with two USB sticks containing copies of the footage in various formats. There is approx 12 minutes of footage of the Beatles. There is approx 11 minutes of footage of RSG! (also some of the 'Mod Ball' at Wembley) footage of 'Around The Beatles' and also seemingly footage from 'Ready Steady Go' in November of 1964.

The footage is of exceptional quality, with clear and well-composed close-ups of the band, both backstage and onstage at both RSG and 'Around the Beatles'. The candid shots show the group mugging to camera, smoking (of course!), laughing amongst themselves. None of the footage has been previously released/published.

Also with footage of Dusty Springfield, Helen Shapiro, Cilla Black and other stars who performed at RSG.

The film is sold by the family of Teddy Fader and includes full copyright (s). A letter transferring copyright will be provided to winning bidder.

Further provenance is included with the addition of a file on the USB stick (provided to winning bidder) which shows a snippet from a episode of 'Play Your Cards Right' where host Bruce Forsyth brings Teddy Fader from the wings to recognise his birthday. Also - a letter on Rediffusion stationery appointing Teddy to his position as lighting supervisor, a second letter commending him on a job well done on March 20th 1964 (filming of RSG), scanned image of Teddy behind the camera, a Rediffusion promotional booklet.

To watch video click here:
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

interesting :

THE BEATLES - A FULLY SIGNED COPY OF 'PLEASE PLEASE ME'.
A copy of The Beatles - Please Please Me (5th pressing, stereo copy, PCS 3042, Ex+ disc, clean sleeve likely VG+) signed to reverse of sleeve in blue ink by Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr. Dated to top left of sleeve (likely in another hand) 4/64. Also to include 13 black and white prints of photographs taken by the original owner of The Beatles performing on 'Around The Beatles' on 28th April 1964, possibly unpublished. Signatures authenticated by Roger Epperson prior to this sale.

Provenance: A family member of the vendor worked for Rediffusion and was present during filming for TV special 'Around The Beatles' on 28th April 1964. As well as taking photographs of the band (twelve 4x6" and one 6.5 x 8.5" black and white prints of those photos included in the lot) they obtained the signatures on this LP on the day. The signed LP came to the vendor on their 21st birthday.

Sold for £24,000

Hammer Price

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction ... 8&pn=6&g=1
Chris
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

In the Around The Beatles clip, at around 1:10 it appears to me the boys could be singing This Boy, not Can't Buy Me Love: Ringo is clearly on hi-hats alone, and Paul and George are sharing a harmony... Could that be?
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

nickotina wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm In the Around The Beatles clip, at around 1:10 it appears to me the boys could be singing This Boy, not Can't Buy Me Love: Ringo is clearly on hi-hats alone, and Paul and George are sharing a harmony... Could that be?
I considered that but they never did This Boy on Around the Beatles, its more possible that Ringo just isn’t trying to mime perfectly. Also, it’s far too fast for it to be This Boy
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm I considered that but they never did This Boy on Around the Beatles, its more possible that Ringo just isn’t trying to mime perfectly. Also, it’s far too fast for it to be This Boy
Yes Ringo has a face like he's doing something funny :mrgreen: the vocals don't match the lipsync though, or do they?
Being the rehearsals, who knows what really happened!

It brings to my mind the jam session they did in the midst of the Hey Bulldog session, when Paul got on drums and John on guitar and they started jamming away... Being a drummer I can more or less reconstruct the drum beats, but I'd pay gold to hear the other instruments!
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Phil_Lip wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am Not sure what was posted earlier, but here is the remaster of the medley from Lord Reith. - hxxps://we.tl/t-09slsVwag5

Also could the short clip with Helen Shapiro, 'Look Who It Is' be replaced with the TV version?

I remember there was someone here who was very good at removing translucent watermarks, I hope they are still here and can have a go at these.
Thank you for this, by the way. I can't believe I forgot about this, as I actually own a copy of "Not For Sale" and listened to it many times! I will patch this in.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The full audience free recording of ATB is on Yellow Dog's Ultimate Collection box set.

Looks as though Getty was the winning bidder?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

From Living in the Material Word there is a bit more 8mm in colour ( 20-03-196) , is it from the same 'source' or was there a second camera?

fl.