[4K UPGRADE] The Beatles - Live at Candlestick Park, San Francisco (August 29th, 1966) [8mm Film]

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
AdamBound

[4K UPGRADE] The Beatles - Live at Candlestick Park, San Francisco (August 29th, 1966) [8mm Film]

Post by AdamBound »

Now available!

I just got back a brand-new 4K scan of an amazing 8mm home movie shot by Joe Silvestri's father at Candlestick Park in San Francisco on August 29th, 1966. This is easily one of the best films taken during this historic concert, and I am happy to unveil this brand new scan! It has also been color-corrected and accurately synced to the audience tape from Tony Barrow. I am very grateful Joe was willing to get his father's film professionally scanned, and I am confident you all will love the results! :D

(P.S. - much like the Toronto film I had rescanned, I will be providing downloads to the raw scan file soon after this is up.)

Thank you everyone! :D
Last edited by AdamBound on Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
ruedabeat

Re: [4K UPGRADE] The Beatles - Live at Candlestick Park, San Francisco (August 29th, 1966) [8mm Film]

Post by ruedabeat »

AdamBound wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:39 pm Premiering in 48 Hours!

I just got back a brand-new 4K scan of an amazing 8mm home movie shot by Joe Silvestri's father at Candlestick Park in San Francisco on August 29th, 1966. This is easily one of the best films taken during this historic concert, and I am happy to unveil this brand new scan! It has also been color-corrected and accurately synced to the audience tape from Tony Barrow. I am very grateful Joe was willing to get his father's film professionally scanned, and I am confident you all will love the results! :D

(P.S. - much like the Toronto film I had rescanned, I will be providing downloads to the raw scan file soon after this is up.)

Interesting! Thanks a lot! 8-)
silver_2000

Re: [4K UPGRADE] The Beatles - Live at Candlestick Park, San Francisco (August 29th, 1966) [8mm Film]

Post by silver_2000 »

When it comes to clean, honest re-scans, there is NO ONE better then AdamBound!
B-ED

Post by B-ED »

This looks AMAZING!
I don`t think i can wait 48 hours :D
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

This looks really great.
Thank you very much Adam.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

silver_2000 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:19 pm

Trust me, I’ve got some more coming down the pipeline! ;)
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

AdamBound wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:14 pm

Was the Hollywood Bowl, front camera filmed on 16mm? the camera that captured all of All My Loving and AHDN

I know sort of a out there question, but just something I thought of, I saw a new 4k scan of the side angle of the Bowl pefroamance, the full shot of Twist And Shout and almost full of She Loves You, and it said it was 16mm.

I ask you only because you seemingly are an expert of sorts.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:08 am

Was the Hollywood Bowl, front camera filmed on 16mm? the camera that captured all of All My Loving and AHDN

I know sort of a out there question, but just something I thought of, I saw a new 4k scan of the side angle of the Bowl pefroamance, the full shot of Twist And Shout and almost full of She Loves You, and it said it was 16mm.

Well, it’s all filmed by news crews so that would be 16mm. 8mm is usually only utilized for fan home movies, and so far from Hollywood Bowl ‘64 we don’t have any! I contacted a guy who shot a far distanced color film from the ‘64 show, but he can’t find it anymore. :(
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:11 am

Well, it’s all filmed by news crews so that would be 16mm. 8mm is usually only utilized for fan home movies, and so far from Hollywood Bowl ‘64 we don’t have any! I contacted a guy who shot a far distanced color film from the ‘64 show, but he can’t find it anymore. :(
One more question for you, you know that up close footage from Philadelphia? I remember seeing a screencap of It after being re-scanned, it was pretty, are you behind that re-scanning, and can you give more details about it?

it was a re-scanned version of this,
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 7.44.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 7.44.19 PM.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1228 times
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:47 am
AdamBound wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:11 am

One more question for you, you know that up close footage from Philadelphia? I remember seeing a screencap of It after being re-scanned, it was pretty, are you behind that re-scanning, and can you give more details about it?

it was a re-scanned version of this, Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 7.44.19 PM.png
I don't know much about this one, but wasn't a clean copy shown in something Eight-Days related? I think I saw something like that around..