Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
AdamBound

Re: Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

Post by AdamBound »

This is amazing news - this film has been neglected and blacklisted for 50 years, so I’m grateful the third United Artists Beatles movie is finally seeing the light of day again!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

It’s great news. It’s been a big missing piece for far too long. Doesn’t need extras to be great to have. I imagine a physical release at year's end.

I still hold out hope we will get the director's cut of Jackson's Get Back. Package that with this and you can take my money please. Regardless though, I will be happy to finally have an official release of Let It Be. I’ve wanted it since seeing in on Cinemax back in 82. I had an old, odd format video tape machine on loan from my sister's fiancé and recorded it. But since I had only three cassettes, I eventually recorded over it with the final Tom Baker Doctor Who (either that or the last episode of MASH). I didn’t have a copy again until getting my first VCR in '86 and buying a copy under that table at a Chicago Beatlefest. But over the years, I largely stopped watching it. Copies were murky and just added to the overall depressing feeling of it all. But now after seeing Get Back, I’m really excited to see it cleaned up so we have the actual film we see them making in GB.
[sekky ch]

Post by [sekky ch] »

i am really looking forward to watching this movie on disney plus
i wonder if this movie is shown in the theater or not :roll:
i wanna watch this movie on big screen on theater ;)
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

[sekky ch] wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:47 am i am really looking forward to watching this movie on disney plus
i wonder if this movie is shown in the theater or not :roll:
i wanna watch this movie on big screen on theater ;)
I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point they give it a limited release in cinemas
cdgm

Post by cdgm »

The comments on here are funny. I used to go see Let It Be at the 8th Street Playhouse in Greenwich Village in the 70's. They would do Beatle marathons showing everything they could get their hands on. Concerts and music videos. And they would cap it off with Let It Be. So I am thrilled to hear the news this is finally going to be released. I'll just enjoy what they give me, in any format possible. You'll be able to download from somewhere not too long after.
IFeelFine

Post by IFeelFine »

What we need now is some clever people to cut this up and splice it together chronologically with the Get Back films into one huge extravaganza and call it Let Back or Get It Be! :D
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Let it Be was originally released officially also on Beta ( Which I Still have my copy }
It is going to be interesting how much editing " Apple Corp " has done with the new release.
whether or not if the George/Paul argument will be edited out.
Will be first streamed by Disney+ the officially released.
I doubt there will be any bonus footage concidering Apple kyboshed any extra footage of the Peter Jackson Get Back project.
It would be interesting to hear if Micheal Lindsay Hogg ever had a meeting/conversation with Peter Jackson

Thoughts ???
Greg
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Gredel21 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 am It is going to be interesting how much editing " Apple Corp " has done with the new release.
According to a preview attended by Beatlefan last year, the film is just as it was, regarding footage and edits - only looking better picturewise and sounding better care of Giles Martin's improved soundtrack. I just hope he doesn't add foley which wasn't there before. Footsteps, anyone? :lol:
PJ and MLH seems to have a friendly relationship. In a new interview with the New York Times, MLH said that he requested from Jackson to give his film a more filmic look, not so modern and digital as "Get Back".
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Gredel21 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 am Let it Be was originally released officially also on Beta ( Which I Still have my copy }
It is going to be interesting how much editing " Apple Corp " has done with the new release.
Will be first streamed by Disney+ the officially released.
I doubt there will be any bonus footage concidering Apple kyboshed any extra footage of the Peter Jackson Get Back project.
It would be interesting to hear if Micheal Lindsay Hogg ever had a meeting/conversation with Peter Jackson

Thoughts ???
Greg
My feeling is that it’ll all be there…besides it’s all in “context” now.

Whatever that means…
joguema

Post by joguema »

After having watched the movie in a cinema soon after it was released, I went there again the next day and managed to record the complete audio (with exception of a few seconds I needed to flip the cassette) with a cassette recorder. That audio cassette is long lost, but I still must have a VHS and a BETA video cassette somewhere.