Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
AdamBound

Re: Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

Post by AdamBound »

All of us working on combining all the available footage from the Get Back Sessions are super happy about this - it cuts our source list essentially in half and makes the end result way better! When it releases we'll be going back to update our work on Twickenham, and we will implement it in our final Apple Sessions and Rooftop releases. :D
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:30 pm
Apple lost the negative to MMT so what they released in 2012 was a print and thus had faded colors.
There was no negatives for MMT as it was shot with a special type of Kodak film the name of which escapes me but the film in the camera literally becomes the positive.

But the MMT bluray is an abomination to be sure. It looked great in Anthology but the released film just has no life to it and some really bizarre colour timing. It's also made juddery by transcoding 25fps to 59.97. The iTunes release at least was at 25 (same for 1+)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:02 am As it stands I only ever watched Get Back once and I can't imagine myself watching LIB more than once either
Yeah, at this point I think that the overdocumentation of January 1969 has become a rabbit hole. Sometimes I imagine how cool it would be if there was something like Get Back but about, say, the Revolver sessions or the She Loves You / With The Beatles / I Want To Hold Your Hand sessions (seriously, that might be my recording-wannabe-nerd showing, but wouldn't it be nice to witness them taking the twin track workflows to the limit until it was clear they needed 4-track?)
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

At this stage of the game, all I would love to see is a complete Rooftop performance, minus all the chit chat with taxi drivers and office secretaries down on the street below and not presented with migraine inducing 6 split screens where your eyes dart all over the screen.. Please. Can it be that difficult..?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Spaniard in da Works wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:54 am Yeah, at this point I think that the overdocumentation of January 1969 has become a rabbit hole. Sometimes I imagine how cool it would be if there was something like Get Back but about, say, the Revolver sessions or the She Loves You / With The Beatles / I Want To Hold Your Hand sessions (seriously, that might be my recording-wannabe-nerd showing, but wouldn't it be nice to witness them taking the twin track workflows to the limit until it was clear they needed 4-track?)
Yeah, it's sad that the most documented month of their career was their most uninspired. That said, I learnt a great deal about them from listening to the nagra tapes when i was younger. Hearing Paul in particular constantly improvise melodies gave me a greater understanding of how they worked. I think Paul's voice was critical to the whole Beatles development. Out of his voice came the melodies, the harmonies, the parts for others to play which he would literally sing for them to learn. Without his melodic invention expressed through his voice then they would have been far more pedestrian. But then you can also hear how John's aggression gave them a hard edge when they needed it. Paul comes over as bossy in LIB but I think he was always like that and what was different about LIB is that he was hamming it up for the cameras whereas the others were all trying to hide from the cameras. So he came over as very dominating.

Oh, and the film stock MMT was shot on was Kodak Ektachrome colour reversal film (positive film, like in slides). So instead of a work print being dragged around teh floor during editing and a pristine negative being cut together at the end of it, it was the actual original film that was being dragged around the floor. That's part of why it looks so damaged.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

plasticsoul wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:15 pm At this stage of the game, all I would love to see is a complete Rooftop performance, minus all the chit chat with taxi drivers and office secretaries down on the street below and not presented with migraine inducing 6 split screens where your eyes dart all over the screen.. Please. Can it be that difficult..?
No, as it's already been done! :)
hxxps://tinyurl.com/4znz5j55

THIS should have been the 4th disc in the physical set!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

Initially the complete rooftop was supposed to be in the LIB box. But like the Peter Jackson film, the LIB boxed set was delayed and for whatever reason that disk was dropped
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

Maccawings wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:47 am Initially the complete rooftop was supposed to be in the LIB box. But like the Peter Jackson film, the LIB boxed set was delayed and for whatever reason that disk was dropped
But we ended up getting it anyway, so we (sort of) won :)
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

Yes, we did get the video, but the audio was lost as an official release sadly
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

Maccawings wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm Yes, we did get the video, but the audio was lost as an official release sadly
https://music.apple.com/us/album/get-ba ... 1606897206
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!