RELEASE THREAD - The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut (A Get Back Work Camp Special Presentation)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Derian the imp

Re: RELEASE THREAD - The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut (A Get Back Work Camp Special Presentation)

Post by Derian the imp »

STUNNING
I am the goddesses of Hell Fire!
margal

Re: RELEASE THREAD - The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut (A Get Back Work Camp Special Presentation)

Post by margal »

Thank you very much!
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Dude! What the tremendous undertaking this is! Of course, it pops even more on my 82" screen than on my iPhone. Images flickering on and off as available footage kicks in. It makes this performance quite a bit more enjoyable. I'd obviously recommend taking a short break since a project like this means you've been living, breathing, eating, drinking this in concentrated form on and off for ten years. But especially the last several weeks at least of nothing but. Time to cleanse the palate. May I recommend LR's 'Harry And His Box Set'?

I totally dig these kinds of productions. Apple has nothing on this.
Thanks for putting it out there!

-Z
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Get Back Work Camp guys! :mrgreen:
Ale.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Amazing work, thanks for all your hard work! One thing left me wondering though, there’s a shot of some chatter between songs where the quality drops and burned in German subtitles can be seen. How did extra footage like that end up on a German release or broadcast that wasn’t present in the regular releases? I’m then assuming it was from their version of Let It Be? Also what are the sources for the almost unrecognisable shots, perhaps the IMAX presentation captures?
Mr Muckle

Post by Mr Muckle »

Absolutely awesome!!! Thank you so much for this!
ledzepfilm

Post by ledzepfilm »

harrylime wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 pm Amazing work, thanks for all your hard work! One thing left me wondering though, there’s a shot of some chatter between songs where the quality drops and burned in German subtitles can be seen. How did extra footage like that end up on a German release or broadcast that wasn’t present in the regular releases? I’m then assuming it was from their version of Let It Be? Also what are the sources for the almost unrecognisable shots, perhaps the IMAX presentation captures?
The main source of Let it Be here is taken from a German Print broadcast in the 80's(?), so subtitles occasionally appear throughout that version.

The footage of John at the end of the first I've Got A Feeling take comes from Paul's recent Got Back tour where Peter Jackson prepared him a unique edit of just John singing. The extra clips at the start of One After 909 were taken from recordings of the Q&A with Peter where he shows off his iPad with the 10 camera edit.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Awesome job...thanks so much!!
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Stay tuned for the complete Savile Row sessions coming soon...over 6 hours of footage, all synced & sequenced correctly! :D
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

An AWESOME undertaking - Can never thank you enough for this ........ Can't wait to watch it .....