RELEASE THREAD - The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut (A Get Back Work Camp Special Presentation)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lupine Assassin

Re: RELEASE THREAD - The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut (A Get Back Work Camp Special Presentation)

Post by Lupine Assassin »

Thank you!
We all bleed blue from the inside....
silver_2000

Re: RELEASE THREAD - The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut (A Get Back Work Camp Special Presentation)

Post by silver_2000 »

ledzepfilm wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:00 pm When I started attempting to edit together the Rooftop Concert in 2014 and 2018, I had no idea that we'd be getting Get Back seven years later. As soon as I knew the full concert was coming, I knew I had the opportunity to do it right.

As such, the Get Back Work Camp is very happy to unveil The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut. All six cameras (A1, A2, A3, A4, W, D) filming the band reconstructed from all available sources. Be sure to check the info file for more history and background.

Please keep in mind that this was compiled from dozens of sources running at several different frame rates. While we have done our best to attenuate these differences, some foibles may slip through the cracks. We hope to address any problems here (if there are any) with our more comprehensive edit including street, police, setup, and playback footage coming with Volume 2: Apple. But this is pretty damn close... so, like John Lennon probably said at 3 Saville Row 55 years ago: "f*ck it, let's go do it."

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/KgoESCKB#nH1Xq9o0GTBBMrkOd-7wAg
Great watch, thanks for the work.. Makes me only want more of this type of work for Shea, not sure if Shea was constantly being recorded by multiple cameras.. But nevertheless, love this!
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

silver_2000 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:31 pm
ledzepfilm wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:00 pm When I started attempting to edit together the Rooftop Concert in 2014 and 2018, I had no idea that we'd be getting Get Back seven years later. As soon as I knew the full concert was coming, I knew I had the opportunity to do it right.

As such, the Get Back Work Camp is very happy to unveil The Beatles: The Rooftop Concert - The Historical Cut. All six cameras (A1, A2, A3, A4, W, D) filming the band reconstructed from all available sources. Be sure to check the info file for more history and background.

Please keep in mind that this was compiled from dozens of sources running at several different frame rates. While we have done our best to attenuate these differences, some foibles may slip through the cracks. We hope to address any problems here (if there are any) with our more comprehensive edit including street, police, setup, and playback footage coming with Volume 2: Apple. But this is pretty damn close... so, like John Lennon probably said at 3 Saville Row 55 years ago: "f*ck it, let's go do it."

Great watch, thanks for the work.. Makes me only want more of this type of work for Shea, not sure if Shea was constantly being recorded by multiple cameras.. But nevertheless, love this!
We have edited together something very similar for Shea, all that is currently incomplete are the merging of various different sources for the highest quality possible. The most consecutive cameras are at the start of Dizzy Miss Lizzy, where we have 3 angles at once! I’ll get around to finishing it one day.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

AdamBound wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:55 pm
silver_2000 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:31 pm

We have edited together something very similar for Shea, all that is currently incomplete are the merging of various different sources for the highest quality possible. The most consecutive cameras are at the start of Dizzy Miss Lizzy, where we have 3 angles at once! I’ll get around to finishing it one day.
Thanks for the response, would love to give it a watch, I remember seeing some kind of thing for I'm Down too, the start of it, one far away, one close to McCartney... for the "You tell lies thinking I can't see" line
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks so much !!!
A-Caceres

Post by A-Caceres »

This was great! I was a bit nervous seeing that the official John Lennon Facebook page released the One After 909 edit, had to compare footage to "The Historical Cut", thankfully(?) no new footage. Upon reviewing the video, I understand on not adding the audio of the aborted One After 909 take.
Last edited by A-Caceres on Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

A-Caceres wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:46 am This was great! I was a bit nervous seeing that the official John Lennon Facebook page released the One After 909 edit, had to compare footage to "The Historical Cut", thankfully(?) no new footage. Seeing that so much work was done to this project, seeing new footage is great, just not on the release date.
I think whoever runs John's social media account truly doesn't care...I believe they've been caught taking stuff from youtube very often! :lol:
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Paharishi

Post by Paharishi »

What a great job! Thank you for your love of the Beatle cause.
tilman

Post by tilman »

Thanks a lot for all Your work on doing this great video
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

ledzepfilm,
thanks a lot for the awesome work with enumerous edits!!
probably this is one of the must-have materials for those who are interested in researching deeper on beatles. :D