The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
tulirepo

Re: The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

Post by tulirepo »

Brilliant, really! Next thing would be a holographic movie of the Rooftop Concert :D

... with lots of holes in it ...
Debbiebootleg

Re: The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

Post by Debbiebootleg »

ledzepfilm wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:25 pm
alphabeatles wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:22 amSurprised to see so many cameras dropping out during the song-? Or is the footage just not available?
Yeah, simply an issue of no available source for that footage during a given song. We don't have access to absolutely everything - just what's been released in documentaries, etc. I'm pretty sure the main three cameras (A1, A2, A3) kept rolling consistently through each song, while A4, W, and D were a bit spottier. We know how much D filmed because we have the D roll audio with beeps and hum.

Re: other questions, yes, the lower frame rate footage is taken from Paul's Got Back duet with John, and regarding 16:9 footage we generally do prefer the 4:3 stuff but used 16:9 when necessary (or unless the quality is a significant jump from the 4:3 source - for instance, there's a clip of I've Got a Feeling from the Let It Be film in that clip of the guy touring all the different Get Back locations, and I've replaced the German Print source with that).
Can confirm this as for Camera A1-A3 they used models of cameras (2 Auricons 600's PRO and one Mitchell 16mm) that supported longer film reels so they could film more. the other camera operators used the same Arri BL that were used in the rest of the session so they had to film with 400mm of film which is what these cameras were limited to
jeffslate

Post by jeffslate »

Loving this so much! Thanks.
maccafan1

Post by maccafan1 »

Wow indeed
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Hi everyone,

We have still been consistently working on completing the Apple portion of this set, as well as the complete Rooftop concert! The apple portion should come to be around 7 hours in total; 6 hours and 48 minutes currently. We are working on making some polishes to the 23rd, 26th, and 27th currently. Stay tuned for early 2024! :D
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:26 pm Hi everyone,

We have still been consistently working on completing the Apple portion of this set, as well as the complete Rooftop concert! The apple portion should come to be around 7 hours in total; 6 hours and 48 minutes currently. We are working on making some polishes to the 23rd, 26th, and 27th currently. Stay tuned for early 2024! :D
Hello, AdamBound!
The world of Beatles Video is forever indebted to you! I'm not a video collector and I know a lot of your work will not be appreciated properly by me but I do consider you to be a benefactor of Beatles community. You've done a ton of great work and even if I didn't get to see all of it, I still know that it made my own love of the group much more complete and easier to enjoy! Plus, you are the first to mention what I've wanted to say but haven't been brave enough to utter...Twickenham<------(separated)------>APPLE/Savile Row.
After watching Get Back once...I'm confident that Billy Saved The Beatles' Bacon!. I think the entire Twickenham portion is disposable. I had always wondered why Billy Preston is the only name ever credited on a Beatles single(Get Back)! Let It Be didn't do anything to bring that point forward but it should have been the main focus of the entire concept. The man literally brought the energy of this objective with him. Before Preston arrived...there was NO hope! Billy's first day was more meaningful that ALL prior 'getting back'. Sod the oldies album! YAWN!! It wasn't there...then, Billy show's up! Instantly, they were unified! That's a lot of bacon and a very good reason to say "featuring Billy Preston"! And, when APPLE is a serparate individual half of the whole...I think many might agree! Billy Preston is the only reason there was a rooftop concert to film!
Thank you, AdamBound! (Thank you, Billy Preston)
KC
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:36 pm
After watching Get Back once...I'm confident that Billy Saved The Beatles' Bacon!.
Good observation, KC. There are some loose jams in the Apple basement that only come to life when Billy kicks in and the rest fall into his groove. The "River Rhine" segment comes to mind.

With the Boss perpetually knackered from prolonged equestrian excursions and a Lead Guitarist who seems to have lost interest in more than just the band, Preston gets my vote for Basement Sessions MVP. Too bad Steve Cropper never got an invite!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

rtbcIII wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:09 pm Too bad Steve Cropper never got an invite!
Time was tight! <------(Cropper reference)
and symbiotic.
We should never underestimate the ability of a Beatle
to overestimate the ability of...The Beatles!!!
Thank you!
KC
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:26 pm Hi everyone,

The first video was incredible. I've watched it twice already and I know I will many more times in the future. It's so cool to see and hear everything as it really was. I'm looking forward to 2004! Woot!
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

REALLY looking forward to 2024 and watching every minute of this totally AWESOME project ...... Thank you for the update too......