The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
henkcordia1949

Re: The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

Post by henkcordia1949 »

Thank you very much!!
beatlepaul

Re: The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

Post by beatlepaul »

Thank you to everybody who has contributed to this fantastic set, cant wait to start watching
danlego

Post by danlego »

Thank you Mark very nice.
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Thanks so much!
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Here's a little sample of the Rooftop edit we're cooking up...around the last 45 seconds of I've Got A Feeling Take 1. Let us know what you think!

hxxps://we.tl/t-nNqCpJY5IM
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.57.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.57.17 PM.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 1260 times
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

AdamBound wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:58 am Here's a little sample of the Rooftop edit we're cooking up...around the last 45 seconds of I've Got A Feeling Take 1. Let us know what you think!
The legend that will last a lunchtime! Or, the lunchtime that became a legend!

Great work, I can watch this concert forever... Of course looking forward to your finished product.

Surprised to see so many cameras dropping out during the song-? Or is the footage just not available?
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

I love the Got Back Bits
Ants

Post by Ants »

AdamBound wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:58 am Here's a little sample of the Rooftop edit we're cooking up...around the last 45 seconds of I've Got A Feeling Take 1. Let us know what you think!

That's great! I can imagine the tremendous work that there's behind it...

A question:
I've seen that, for some bits, you used 16:9 (or similar) footage.
Does it replace the 4:3 footage, if it is of better quality?
Because, well, I usually prefer 4:3 for Get Back because it's not croppes at the top and the bottom.
But that's entirely my personal taste, obviously.

I suppose that if there's the same bit of footage from a 4:3 source and a 16:9 source, and the 16:9 source is better (as of quality), you'll use the latter. Right?

Also, I've noticed that there's some footage of camera A3 that appears to be of low fps.
Where did you got that from? I suppose it's an audience recording of a McCartney concert, where he "duets" with Lennon?
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Ants wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:40 pm

That's great! I can imagine the tremendous work that there's behind it...

A question:
I've seen that, for some bits, you used 16:9 (or similar) footage.
Does it replace the 4:3 footage, if it is of better quality?
Because, well, I usually prefer 4:3 for Get Back because it's not croppes at the top and the bottom.
But that's entirely my personal taste, obviously.

I suppose that if there's the same bit of footage from a 4:3 source and a 16:9 source, and the 16:9 source is better (as of quality), you'll use the latter. Right?

Also, I've noticed that there's some footage of camera A3 that appears to be of low fps.
Where did you got that from? I suppose it's an audience recording of a McCartney concert, where he "duets" with Lennon?
1. I may possibly be wrong but in this instance we only use the 16:9 footage in this clip when the footage is not used in Get Back; we also prefer 4:3 because there's so much more picture! The 16:9 footage simply extends the footage from Get Back.

2. And yes, that low FPS footage is an audience recording of Paul's Got Back tour where he does the virtual duet. That was the best quality we could find, but there may end up being a better recording after we start getting more videos from his newest tour, we will see!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
ledzepfilm

Post by ledzepfilm »

alphabeatles wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:22 amSurprised to see so many cameras dropping out during the song-? Or is the footage just not available?
Yeah, simply an issue of no available source for that footage during a given song. We don't have access to absolutely everything - just what's been released in documentaries, etc. I'm pretty sure the main three cameras (A1, A2, A3) kept rolling consistently through each song, while A4, W, and D were a bit spottier. We know how much D filmed because we have the D roll audio with beeps and hum.

Re: other questions, yes, the lower frame rate footage is taken from Paul's Got Back duet with John, and regarding 16:9 footage we generally do prefer the 4:3 stuff but used 16:9 when necessary (or unless the quality is a significant jump from the 4:3 source - for instance, there's a clip of I've Got a Feeling from the Let It Be film in that clip of the guy touring all the different Get Back locations, and I've replaced the German Print source with that).