Pre-2009 Remasters

Fan created remixes and rare variations
bsizzy_27

Pre-2009 Remasters

Post by bsizzy_27 »

I have a question in which I know will have a variety of different answers, or maybe an unanimous agreement

I've been reading the threads on the Canadian and Japanese CDs, and I wanted to inquire opinions on the discography pre-2009... or if any of the 2009 remasters supersede '87. (As an aside, I actually like the remixes Giles has done... :oops: but I like to hear different opinions as well!)
Lord Reith

Re: Pre-2009 Remasters

Post by Lord Reith »

bsizzy_27 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 pm I have a question in which I know will have a variety of different answers, or maybe an unanimous agreement

I've been reading the threads on the Canadian and Japanese CDs, and I wanted to inquire opinions on the discography pre-2009... or if any of the 2009 remasters supersede '87. (As an aside, I actually like the remixes Giles has done... :oops: but I like to hear different opinions as well!)
The first four albums.

The rest depends on whether you like the changes they made to the sound. Some people love it, some hate it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Tex

Re: Pre-2009 Remasters

Post by Tex »

Some of the masters especially the early tracks needed a little EQ tweaking but when you make acoustic guitar strings bump the speaker like a bass drum you need to step away from the equalizer. The last time I heard the White Album and Abbey Road it seemed like just jacked the lowest end on everything by several decibels unless it was the audio circuit capacitors in my old receiver/amp going bad (could have been). I can pick out a 2 db shift.

You just have to pick and choose which you think is best.

The 1987/1988 CDs are at least honest transfers for better or worse. Standard 44.1 A/D conversion really hasn't advanced since then don't believe the marketing. The quality is in the mastering.