Getback footage

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
BeatleJohn1973

Getback footage

Post by BeatleJohn1973 »

Hello,

I have some Getback Reconstructions from several days, many never posted before.

Last edited by BeatleJohn1973 on Thu May 20, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheBeatlesVideos

Re: Getback footage

Post by TheBeatlesVideos »

You have some nice stuff on your channel. Do you have anymore raw footage from the imagine sessions, I have the walking up the driveway and some battery park footage but nothing else.
Doug

Post by Doug »

None of this footage is rare. It's from "Let It Be" and HMC's "Ultimate Let It Be Collection" neither of which have a time code slapped over them.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Why slap that dirty great 'timecode' on top of it when it's available without it?
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

I have dubbed all this footage a while ago without the timecode. There are also shots of John from the 21st included in this video for some reason.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
BeatleJohn1973

Post by BeatleJohn1973 »

Hello,

I am surprised at the quick judgements here! First off, not one bit of the black & white footage comes from ANY bootleg, but a raw source reel. The boot DVD source is framed different and does not contain all the inserts you see here. There is plenty of footage on the raw source reel that was not used, and would make segments that were used more complete. This included many unseen segments from the oldies medley. If you look at the site, I dont think anything comes from a bootleg but rather sources that come from decades of trading etc. Now I did not have the ok to trade this reel out, so I WAS going to release parts each week with a required TCR. Sorry, I don't like em either, but is it better to not see it at all? Some so-called experts did not even notice this was not from the DVD?
Doug

Post by Doug »

As Adambound points out, the inserts are from "Let It Be" and aren't even from the same day. And the bootleg contains the black and white footage, "framed differently" or not. There's nothing new here.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Doug wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:05 pm As Adambound points out, the inserts are from "Let It Be" and aren't even from the same day. And the bootleg contains the black and white footage, "framed differently" or not. There's nothing new here.
In all fairness to Beatlebob, there are some “new segments” but they are very brief. For instance, the black & white trim at the end where Paul reaches down is not on HMC’s release.

I know when I was making my Let It Be collection this was a challenging part to sync correctly, so he did a good job at syncing everything with his own sources, although there are some small errors.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470