Ram Deluxe boxset

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Darth Kybiel

Re: Ram Deluxe boxset

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Silver pressed promotional copies are usually given to record stores and radio. CDR copies are usually given to magazines and others that write up reviews that do not necessarilly need as long lasting copies for constant playing.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

ianbuckers wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:53 pm
AndInTheEnd wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:21 pm Ian - that's the point.. I believed I was buying the "as released" version. I'm not over bothered, though a little peeved at getting writeable discs rather than factory pressed silvers.

I just asked if anyone had come across this version before, so why BDJ saw fit to snipe I don't know. But if that floats his particular boat, then rock on.

Yes, I DO know what a "ADVANCE CD/DVD SET" set is, I was wondering if it is a rarity (or very common). What it IS was not my question.

Anyway... thanks to Ian, cheers mate.

AITE
Not really answering me directly AITE. I am trying to help. You believed you were buying 'as released' but was it you are still not clear if it was described as an 'advance promo'. Important point if you feel you haven't been sold the correct item or worse a fake item.

Anyway you say that isn't question...so my thoughts...

There certainly are genuine advance promotional discs of Ram on CDr rather than 'silver' out there. But, and I'm no expert, I have only ever seen them with a label with the wide black outer ring just as on the released versions...but without the colour. Like this;

https://www.discogs.com/Paul-Linda-McCa ... e/15338629

So that is a potential red flag. Only potential though. I'd base any assessment of it being genuine on the rest of the package as well...does it look professionally printed? I can't see too much of it in your images.

If you feel it is a fake or even not as described you should take it up with the seller. If it was from eBay and/or paid for with PayPal protection is on your side.

In the meantime if anyone can confirm the existence of CDr versions WITHOUT the wide black ring that would help I'm sure...?
I can't believe I did this. The discs in your images are in there sleeves. They do have the wide black ring...it's covered by the sleeve! Note to self...look properly next time! lol
McCharmly

Post by McCharmly »

ianbuckers wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm
McCharmly wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:37 pm What exactly does "pukka" mean?
The genuine article.

It's a UK slang use of the Hindi word.

We have a brand of indian style pies here called Pukka Pies that neatly brings together the original and slang meanings of the word.
Thanks!