Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
cliftdean74

Re: Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

Post by cliftdean74 »

Liverpools Boy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:07 pm
Beatlenono wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 pm
Great !!!
But in this case they come very late to the party too. Fab! Released a dvd with the Let It Be era promos in multi-angle/multi-cam, etc in 2, 4, etc screen comparison some years ago.
Well now that's it's been done officially everyone is able to enjoy it, not just the people with the FAB! DVD. Did FAB! have access to the original camera negatives when they made their version? I think not.
michael_charles

Post by michael_charles »

Great !!!
But in this case they come very late to the party too. Fab! Released a dvd with the Let It Be era promos in multi-angle/multi-cam, etc in 2, 4, etc screen comparison some years ago.
Is that from one of their Get Back Chronicles, I could be wrong about this but didn't they boorow some video from Adam B? Borrow was a nice term.

Michael
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

michael_charles wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:41 pm

Great !!!
Is that from one of their Get Back Chronicles, I could be wrong about this but didn't they boorow some video from Adam B? Borrow was a nice term.

Michael
The first edition of Get Back Chronicles was released back in 2008 with a reissue in 2019.

FAB didn't borrow anything from Adam B, because it was released before his YouTube channel.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

To anybody that subscribed to Disney+ for this, be sure to check out Shogun.

Probably the greatest miniseries production of the last decade or so.

(Do we think John watched Shogun back in 1980? It was a huge thing at the time and Yoko being Japanese and all, I've been wondering about this.)
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Great !!!

Michael
Out of sync at times as this is not the take for the Comercial Version Audio.

I think we have a problem that AdamBound is able to solve. 8-)

PS. "There will be no sorrow, let it be"
Last edited by ruedabeat on Fri May 10, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael_charles

Post by michael_charles »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:56 pm

Michael
The first edition of Get Back Chronicles was released back in 2008 with a reissue in 2019.

FAB didn't borrow anything from Adam B, because it was released before his YouTube channel.
Correct, there were 3 additional volumes.
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Great !!!
They used the album version for the guitar solo part which was an overdub that George did in Jan 1970 so the footage used doesn't really synch with the audio but great promo nonetheless.
A-Caceres

Post by A-Caceres »

I do admit, looking at the film, it looks great! It feels different though with the choice of audio they used. I know some purists out there would remaster the original audio and replace the new with the old. Different audio for the first Don't Let Me Down, removing John's vocals when it shows he ain't singing on the footage, adding a noise here or there when he actually goes near the mic.They even removed the "beep" sound that was accidentally left on the original audio. A lot of work was done to the audio mix. Loved the mix to Suzy Parker. Loved the audio to the "Sunday Acetate" or "Oldies Medley" without the reverb on the vocals. Also hearing a bit of noises during the rooftop setup, not sure if it was created or PJ used MAL to hear the audio better. Great audio when showing the credits at the end. All in all... I like it.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

A-Caceres wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:05 am I do admit, looking at the film, it looks great! It feels different though with the choice of audio they used. I know some purists out there would remaster the original audio and replace the new with the old. Different audio for the first Don't Let Me Down, removing John's vocals when it shows he ain't singing on the footage, adding a noise here or there when he actually goes near the mic.They even removed the "beep" sound that was accidentally left on the original audio. A lot of work was done to the audio mix. Loved the mix to Suzy Parker. Loved the audio to the "Sunday Acetate" or "Oldies Medley" without the reverb on the vocals. Also hearing a bit of noises during the rooftop setup, not sure if it was created or PJ used MAL to hear the audio better. Great audio when showing the credits at the end. All in all... I like it.
The tuning and the sound of the amp being switched back on are all newly added sounds on the roof
DVWerks

Post by DVWerks »

Here's my attempt at a restoration of theatrical ending with "The End" and made at Apple/Twickenham text.

Good for one week:

hxxps://we.tl/t-PiQJ0dd5Bm