Beatles - Ready Steady Go / Around the Beatles 8mm (COMPLETE)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MarkRJones1970

Re: Beatles - Ready Steady Go / Around the Beatles 8mm (COMPLETE)

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Spaniard in da Works wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:42 am
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:41 am I'm guessing then they must have ran through the whole thing at least twice with the audience - once as a practice (the colour footage) and then again for the actual TV programme, after John had smartened up. What do you lot reckon?
Or that is also a possibility. In any case it seems that both the rehearsal and the broadcast have audience reactions, and they're different (louder and more in the broadcast) and in the rehearsal versión they are silent when the tape is not rolling, which I suppose is why people thought they were dubbed into the tape.
But those sounds have been dubbed on to the colour footage in the last week so you can't gauge anything by how loud each segment is.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:41 am
AdamBound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 pm I have just uploaded a corrected Around the Beatles to the Google Drive link including:
- a 13 second clip from Getty which I originally overlook
- 2 seconds exclusive to the original Omega Auctions listing
- dress rehearsal footage synced to the studio Around the Beatles recordings
- the ending of Shout is now synced to the raw mono version at the very end of the film

Also, I will add that I am still using the "live" version for the clip where they transition between She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand, as the studio version edits it differently and it does not match the footage.
This should hopefully be all the fixes you all were looking for! :D
Chuffed to buggery that you've actually gone back and improved this following my suggestion about the rehearsal footage soundtrack. You've made amazing, never before seen footage, even better! :)

Looking more closely the footage with the audience that appears to be from the actual broadcast can't be as John doesn't have a tie on in the colour footage. In the broadcast footage of the actual show he does.

I'm guessing then they must have ran through the whole thing at least twice with the audience - once as a practice (the colour footage) and then again for the actual TV programme, after John had smartened up. What do you lot reckon?
Of course, I always want to make this as good as possible!

I absolutely agree that the color footage with an audience is also a rehearsal. We have photographs from this rehearsal where George is wearing the jacket that is seen in the footage, and it's worth noting that John does not have his tie on in this color footage.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 9.38.26 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 9.38.26 AM.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 731 times
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

Am I not seeing the link on the first post? I can't find it.
GP10Ellison

Post by GP10Ellison »

no gdrive link on first post....any info?
remember when you were in The Beatles? and the song goes, “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make”? You.. you remember that?

Yes.

Uh.. is that true?

Yes, Chris. In my experience I find, the more you give, the more you get.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

I did post google drive links but they came out as embeds. Here are the links again (replace xx with tt)

RSG 1963: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1AjvSffq4aJrVYTY3CGHSGymn8j7Z1w3w/view

RSG March 1964:
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYpwuKqot-_MbueGTvVKWdfUqGt84VOj/view

Around the Beatles:
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1dDteO9Gpsnf23IKAubFa43yercur4SjT/view

RSG November 1964:
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1lwfMtWnIyIXA9ileh2VAy_owxLm6jzPx/view
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
GP10Ellison

Post by GP10Ellison »

AdamBound wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:16 pm I did post google drive links but they came out as embeds. Here are the links again (replace xx with tt)

RSG 1963: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1AjvSffq4aJrVYTY3CGHSGymn8j7Z1w3w/view

RSG March 1964:
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYpwuKqot-_MbueGTvVKWdfUqGt84VOj/view

Around the Beatles:
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1dDteO9Gpsnf23IKAubFa43yercur4SjT/view

RSG November 1964:
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1lwfMtWnIyIXA9ileh2VAy_owxLm6jzPx/view
oh, I get it now. I didn't click the video screenshot links because I thought they were either vimeo or some other site.
You might add text that the videos ARE the gdrive links.
remember when you were in The Beatles? and the song goes, “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make”? You.. you remember that?

Yes.

Uh.. is that true?

Yes, Chris. In my experience I find, the more you give, the more you get.
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 am
Spaniard in da Works wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:42 am
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:41 am I'm guessing then they must have ran through the whole thing at least twice with the audience - once as a practice (the colour footage) and then again for the actual TV programme, after John had smartened up. What do you lot reckon?
Or that is also a possibility. In any case it seems that both the rehearsal and the broadcast have audience reactions, and they're different (louder and more in the broadcast) and in the rehearsal versión they are silent when the tape is not rolling, which I suppose is why people thought they were dubbed into the tape.
But those sounds have been dubbed on to the colour footage in the last week so you can't gauge anything by how loud each segment is.
I'm referring to the circulating audio of Murray The K. reporting on the rehearsals, which I happen to have listened to recently.
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

AdamBound,
thank you so much for the amazing never seen footages!!
always exited watching a unseen film.
:D
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

AdamBound wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:16 pm I did post google drive links but they came out as embeds. Here are the links again (replace xx with tt)
THANK YOU for the share!
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Spaniard in da Works wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 am
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am These are brill BUT wouldn't it have been better to have had the sound of the raw studio tracks with no audience for the 'Around The Beatles' rehearsal seeing as, during the clips, there isn't any audience? The raw tapes have been on bootleg since the mid 80s.
Interestingly, if you listen to the "Murray the K" versión, which is what is heard in the clip, the Beatles are rehearsing to a tape with audience screams already dubbed in.
Yup

hope this helps

https://www.beatlesbible.com/1964/04/19 ... beatles-2/

Recording: Around The BeatlesSunday 19 April 1964 Studio 7 Comments
IBC Studios, Portland Place, London
Producer: Jack Good
Engineer: Alan Florence
Tape operator: Peter Robinson

The television special Around The Beatles, which was filmed on 28 April 1964, included mimed musical performances. However, the music used wasn’t the EMI recordings; a new soundtrack was recorded on this and the previous day at the independent IBC (International Broadcasting Company) Studios, at 35 Portland Place in central London.

The session took place from 10am until 8.30pm. There was no producer, in a conventional sense, but IBC’s manager Alan Stagg was present, as were technical support staff.

The Beatles spent all day in the studio, recording their parts along with the show’s other acts. Backing tracks were taped in the morning, followed by vocals in the afternoon, and in the evening a number of girls were invited to listen to a playback and their screams were recorded.

The studio used a 3-track Ampex machine, with the backing music recorded on one track, vocals on another, and screams and applause on a third.

The Beatles taped the songs
‘Twist And Shout’,
‘Roll Over Beethoven’,
‘I Wanna Be Your Man’,
‘Long Tall Sally’,
‘Boys’
‘Can’t Buy Me Love’,

and a medley of their hits to date: ‘Love Me Do’/‘Please Please Me’‘From Me To You’/‘She Loves You’/‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’. They also recorded a version of the Isley Brothers’ 1959 song ‘Shout’, which featured lead vocals from each of The Beatles.

These versions of I Wanna Be Your Man, Long Tall Sally and Boys were released on 1995’s Anthology 1, along with an edited version of Shout. The version of Boys, incidentally, was never used in Around The Beatles.
Chris