Unbootlegged Lennon Footage Leaked..On Instagram?

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
AdamBound

Re: Unbootlegged Lennon Footage Leaked..On Instagram?

Post by AdamBound »

InMyLife1965 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:40 pm Hello All,

Could this black and white open reel be part of that Tony Cox footage?
It’s not, this is professionally shot footage, where Tony’s is all handheld and worse quality.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Hitachi

Post by Hitachi »

Seeing as this clip was posted on John's instagram page I'd bet it was found in the Lennon archives by Sean who seems to be good at locating gems.. he found the master cassette tape of "Now and Then" if you recall. Paul should hire him to go through the MPL archives :)
B-ED

Post by B-ED »

Hitachi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:20 am Seeing as this clip was posted on John's instagram page I'd bet it was found in the Lennon archives by Sean who seems to be good at locating gems.. he found the master cassette tape of "Now and Then" if you recall. Paul should hire beatle-ed to go through the MPL archives :)
Corrected :D
A-Caceres

Post by A-Caceres »

I posted this on a forum and the comments was pretty interesting:
So the Lennon camp was going through some tapes. most likely for the New York City box set?
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

AdamBound wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:05 pm It’s not, this is professionally shot footage, where Tony’s is all handheld and worse quality.
Am I to assume from your comment that you've seen all of Tony Cox's footage or, better still, have it?
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

beatlesondvd wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:01 am
AdamBound wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:05 pm It’s not, this is professionally shot footage, where Tony’s is all handheld and worse quality.
Am I to assume from your comment that you've seen all of Tony Cox's footage or, better still, have it?
Could be just an educated guess based off of the Tony footage that is out there, notably lower quality then this new leak.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

I’m just making an educated guess based in what’s out there.. you can see how far grainier lower resolution the available Cox stuff is, also the audio is generally far noisier throughout. I could always be wrong, but I think it’s pretty unlikely this clip is from the Cox tapes.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

silver_2000,
thank you so much for the big surprise!!
hope the complete version exists and it's going to come out someday.
:D
lennonology

Post by lennonology »

Midway through the Cox tapes there is a scene where John is on the phone with Apple lawyer Peter Howard, and requests that Howard obtain a copy of their appearance on Simon Dee. Tony suggests that he can tape it with his camera, if they could manage a playback. Based on the quality of the Cox material, it is highly unlikely that any such playback took place, and cements the fact that the Lennon Archive was able to obtain an inline copy at some point over the last 50+ years.

CM
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

lennonology wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:44 am
Midway through the Cox tapes there is a scene where John is on the phone with Apple lawyer Peter Howard, and requests that Howard obtain a copy of their appearance on Simon Dee. Tony suggests that he can tape it with his camera, if they could manage a playback. Based on the quality of the Cox material, it is highly unlikely that any such playback took place, and cements the fact that the Lennon Archive was able to obtain an inline copy at some point over the last 50+ years.

CM
you've watch the Cox footage?