Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 12 available)

Post by masterjedi »

What are people's thoughts about including the Donovan session? Keeping in mind that it was for a Mary Hopkin album, conflicting reports of it occurring at EMI, and how much I dislike Donovan.
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

masterjedi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:02 pm What are people's thoughts about including the Donovan session? Keeping in mind that it was for a Mary Hopkin album, conflicting reports of it occurring at EMI, and how much I dislike Donovan.
I personally wouldn't include it, but that's just my opinion.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Will there be a document with all the info track by track (source, what's been done, etc.) ?
Yves
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

I'm torn because I like the session. I would however say no because including that one would mean a lot of other guest appearances should be included too. Then again it desperately needs a cleanup from the raw stereo DAT transfer.
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

masterjedi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:02 pm What are people's thoughts about including the Donovan session? Keeping in mind that it was for a Mary Hopkin album, conflicting reports of it occurring at EMI, and how much I dislike Donovan.
I wouldn’t include it. I have no problem with Mr. Leitch, but (checks notes) he was not a Beatle.
Derian the imp

Post by Derian the imp »

I love Donovan but I wouldn't include the whole thing. Maybe some highlights?
Or use what NW8 used?
I am the goddesses of Hell Fire!
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

Maybe make it an optional bonus? It is a McCartney studio performance.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

perhaps an option folder but you did so much with the 1968 sessions; beyond my deepest dreams...

the Donovan sessions were something exciting for me the first time I discovered these studio acoustic tracks- was it released on the Midnight Beat CD in the 90's ?
Well, I remember that there was nothing much about the 1968 sessions beside the Kinfaus demos and some mono or longer mixes on the Yellow Dog.
So it was great to listen to "Helter Skelter" played an acoustic guitar by Paul who is humming the descends guitar riff (doodoodoodoodoo); there was also "Heather" on this tape. Still this is great stuff.
bonniegreg

Post by bonniegreg »

I think the Donovan session should be included as a bonus file. I certainly would enjoy hearing it more than the Yoko dialogue/Revolution file.
Jay

Post by Jay »

CultTVman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:52 pm
Maybe make it an optional bonus? It is a McCartney studio performance.
I agree.