The Beatles - Live at Shindig! (Upgrade) [Colored, Remixed, Color Corrected in 2K]

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Pepe_Java

The Beatles - Live at Shindig! (Upgrade) [Colored, Remixed, Color Corrected in 2K]

Post by Pepe_Java »

This is a bit compressed because the lossless is 6GB, but if anyone want me to send the lossless version, just dm me.
The Beatles Lost Performances: http://beatleslostperformances.great-site.net/
veejay

Re: The Beatles - Live at Shindig! (Upgrade) [Colored, Remixed, Color Corrected in 2K]

Post by veejay »

A most enjoyable watch with accurate colors. Thank you!
Pepe_Java

Re: The Beatles - Live at Shindig! (Upgrade) [Colored, Remixed, Color Corrected in 2K]

Post by Pepe_Java »

Pepe_Java wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:55 pm
This is a bit compressed because the lossless is 6GB, but if anyone want me to send the lossless version, just dm me.
Black and white RAW version.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

I don't mean to be negative, but this source looks fair noisier and generally has less quality than what's been around, so I'm not sure if I could call this an upgrade?
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Pepe_Java

Post by Pepe_Java »

AdamBound wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:13 pm I don't mean to be negative, but this source looks fair noisier and generally has less quality than what's been around, so I'm not sure if I could call this an upgrade?
I don't think that
The resolution is really worse, but it is sooo similar than the master tape.
I actually have the master tape and I know how it looks, so.

It have more details and less noise than what's been around
I think it is an 2nd Gen copy with a low resolution?
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

idk, just to my eyes something like this looks a lot cleaner and generally sharper overall: this is just my opinion, though
Pepe_Java

Post by Pepe_Java »

AdamBound wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:22 pm idk, just to my eyes something like this looks a lot cleaner and generally sharper overall: this is just my opinion, though
oh, I know why
adam, I found this on an old (really old) dvd with a VERY low bitrate and a 29.97 interlaced movie, so the original video has a lot of problems that made me have to downsize the video by 2x, so it has less detail, but I think it's the most beautiful copy of Shindig in existence, it's better to watch, you know.
also the kitsu beatles video has noise reduction, mine is raw.
and mine doesn't have the super weird bars on the sides
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

AdamBound wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:22 pm idk, just to my eyes something like this looks a lot cleaner and generally sharper overall: this is just my opinion, though
I have to agree with you, Adam. The YouTube version you linked to looks smoother and better to my eyes. That said, I appreciate the efforts of Pepe.
Pepe_Java

Post by Pepe_Java »

plasticsoul wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:31 am
I have to agree with you, Adam. The YouTube version you linked to looks smoother and better to my eyes. That said, I appreciate the efforts of Pepe.
No problem, everyone has their own opinion, YouTube is actually cleaner, but I think mine has more details, like the 16mm but without being too sharp that it hurts the eye