Real Love AI Update 2023

Fan created remixes and rare variations
matiasbarrios

Real Love AI Update 2023

Post by matiasbarrios »

Now that AI can isolate Lennon's voice better, I've been reading fans asking for a Real Love and Free As A Bird update. Because it could take Apple years before reacting to this, I decided to give it a try myself and share it between us, Beatles fans.

hxxps://we.tl/t-fRkxd0xrhE

It's based on the 5.1 Anthology mix of 1996. This is because the original Lennon's voice is in the center, so I only ran AI on that channel and not in the other 5, so as to keep the highest quality available (I tried AI on the stereo mix and quality is lost). Then I ran AI to isolate Lennon's vocal from the demo used in 1996. In that demo (which I found in the Complete Lost Lennon Tapes), the vocals are doubled, that's why sometimes some flanger effect can be heard (specially in "lost like some forgotten dreams"). After timing was adjusted, some compression, eq and reverb was added.

I did it in the original key, lowering the Anthology mix 1.5 semitones, because I prefer Lennon's natural voice, but kept the tempo from the final version.

This version differs from Lord Reith's ones in the fact that he uses other demos for Lennon's final voice, which actually sound more distended, and have another warmness. I enjoy them a lot, recommend them and they've been of inspiration to give this approach a try. Thanks for that LR!
Last edited by matiasbarrios on Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Am The Walrus

Re: Real Love AI Update 2023

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Thank you very much for sharing with us.
Regards.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

matiasbarrios wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:39 pm Now that AI can isolate Lennon's voice better, I've been reading fans asking for a Real Love and Free As A Bird update. Because it could take Apple years before reacting to this, I decided to give it a try myself and share it between us, Beatles fans.

hxxps://we.tl/t-fRkxd0xrhE

It's based on the 5.1 Anthology mix of 1996. This is because the original Lennon's voice is in the center, so I only ran AI on that channel and not in the other 5, so as to keep the highest quality available (I tried AI on the stereo mix and quality is lost). Then I ran AI to isolate Lennon's vocal from the demo used in 1996. In that demo (which I found in the Complete Lost Lennon Tapes), the vocals are doubled, that's why sometimes some flanger effect can be heard (specially in "lost like some forgotten dreams"). After timing was adjusted, some compression, eq and reverb was added.

I did it in the original key, lowering the Anthology mix 1.5 semitones, because I prefer Lennon's natural voice, but kept the tempo from the final version.

This version differs from Lord Reith's ones in the fact that he uses other demos for Lennon's final voice, which actually sound more distended, and have another warmness. I enjoy them a lot, recommend them and they've been of inspiration to give this approach a try. Thanks for that LR!
Real Love was always my favor demo and this nice job thank you
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

its interesting how Beatles 1 video mix and CD single are different mixes
Chris
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share --- Thank you ...
greenfrog12