Please help me remember a certain Beatles TV appearance

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
AdamBound

Re: Please help me remember a certain Beatles TV appearance

Post by AdamBound »

Nimbus wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:21 am Superb clip. And a great moment at 29:15 when a small girl pushes her way in front of George who makes a quip to John who collapses into laughter. Looked a bit chaotic though. I wonder where Mal was ?
My favorite part of this is Jimmy Niccol’s hilariously bad miming skills. He definitely wasn’t a showbiz kind of musician!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Kwai Chang

Re: Please help me remember a certain Beatles TV appearance

Post by Kwai Chang »

silver_2000 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:11 pm For the record, not super duper proud of that remaster, I prefer the Lord Reith version! Check it out if you haven't, seems like someone has already linked to it!
I believe Lord Reith to have captured the true essence of tonsillitis when he was able to separate the soundtrack of the two distinct halves of miming into the commercial version with dead 'open' mics and a spirited stand in named Jimmy Nichol. It wasn't destined for greatness. Jimmy was fine as he remained available as cannon fodder until the other three were out of danger! But, there is a valuable lesson here. Nichol was never going to fill Ringo's shoes. But then, who could have? Jimmy did a great job of laughing at John Lennon's every remark and THAT might have been the teflon that saved them. Whatever the problems with local audience members...be it lack of domestic structure/stability, alcoholism, or old fashioned lack of manners, I guarantee you The Beatles would be ever so sure to NOT bring a lenient attitude to the security protocols ever again...(Manila???). The municipality that was hosting this chaos should pride itself on the absolute rudeness of their youthful latencies. Can we assume the fracus was catalyzed by a resentment of Beatles miming? Well, then next time it won't cost anything to not please you! Rude and Clean! How's that for a combination?
Scarey!
KC