A Day In The Life Footage Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
AdamBound

Re: A Day In The Life Footage Reconstruction

Post by AdamBound »

Hitachi wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:44 am Adam
I was wondering if during your research for your wonderful compile of all things "A Day in The Life" whether you had access to the broadcast of the (original edit?) promo which was shown on the UK "The Tube" on Feb 11, 1983 although they (for some strange reason) actually used the audio of "Come Together' instead! I used to have this on VHS but it's long disappeared and to my knowledge this particular broadcast has never been bootlegged and I am very curious if it was indeed the original edit from 1967 although "Come Together" is 4:20 mins and "A Day in The Life" is approx 5:10ish mins so the "The Tube" video would have had to be edited or faded. This version needs to be found and analysed just in case it's an entirely new edit.
Any info would be appreciated as would an upload if anyone has a copy.
I checked through that video and unfortunately there's nothing new, the edit is identical to A Day In The Life except being shorter! It is a very interesting broadcast though...I think one of the first times that footage was shown!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:06 pm The soundtrack used on this was a perfect choice…I can listen to John noodling on his Mk2 mellotron all day
What is/are the soundtrack for this footage?

In another hand, many thanks to AdamBound for this side projects, we are starting to miss them. It would be great if we can get multiple angle view -where there are- because we love that stuff.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Liverpools Boy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:30 pm
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:06 pm The soundtrack used on this was a perfect choice…I can listen to John noodling on his Mk2 mellotron all day
What is/are the soundtrack for this footage?

In another hand, many thanks to AdamBound for this side projects, we are starting to miss them. It would be great if we can get multiple angle view -where there are- because we love that stuff.
It’s John fiddling about with his mellotron..playing around with the rhythm samples, the “fills” and the right hand keyboard is heard as well…and there’s also the bits with Ringo present.. And an added bonus are the acoustic demos for Strawberry Fields Forever
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

AdamBound,
appreciate for your work!!
:D
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

Davenicks wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:41 pm Thanks so much for this and all you do.

Beginning at about 3:00 we see various people shooting with what appear to be handheld 8mm cameras. Do we know if that footage is included in what we are seeing in your compilation?

Thanks!

Dave in Nashville
That was part of the concept of the video shoot. They handed out 8mm cine cameras to attendees and got them to film from their perspective. These films were then used to compile the video(s)
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

More ‘pataphysical science’

For the timing the latest construction of Adam is used; it seems that the footage Adam edit at the end is geographic chronological. Although The Brewmaster, 7:09 and Palace Theatre, 7:07 are out of ‘ time ‘ because in the ‘original footage’ they are implemented with footage from EMI on the 10th of February. Also ‘The Golden Egg’ does not quite fit (but perhaps Paul was Back to the Egg).

Besides The Egg, Wimpy also creates a problem; the timing 20;32 doesn’t fit geographically and there are two strong contenders; Charing Cross and Oxford Street the ones on Coventry Street and Rupert Street have a Wimpy Bar sign for what’s worth ……

And what’s more it is incomplete some signs should be easy to find but ...... :
Students Club/ Language School 20:23
‘Soft Goods & Toys’ 21:03
A sign with ‘The …. Centre’ 21:10
Ford Service Station ‘Normand’ 21:20

The scenes with streetlamps are a challenge; looks like West- End or perhaps the M40. The more obvious one, a tunnel no trace of matching lights.

And in the end policeman in a row and a fireman rushes in? Was some footage shot with an idea to use it for Penny lane or I’m the Walrus. And was the footage shot by the Beatles and their entourage (The ‘Soft Good & Toys’ could be shot from The Back Seat of my Car, the Austin Princess) and that reminds me: Is Brian Epstein seen in A Day in the Live footage?

So speaking with (the other) Paul:
By the flash of a neon light:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Ps.

21;33 Who's that girl , is she big is she small, is she a she at all ( Lola Versus Powerman ...... aka Madonna verses Ray.)