New Wings Outtakes Going Up For Auction

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Golem

New Wings Outtakes Going Up For Auction

Post by Golem »

Some amazing stuff here! Amazing that this stuff still exists, hopefuly we get it some day

LOT 282
https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction ... 6&pn=3&g=1

Live and Let Die August 1974 with orchestra, 3.24 mn, different version than the single release from 73

I've Had Enough and Don't Let It Bring You Down slightly different mixes in astonishing sound qualities ( 3.04 mn and 4.35 mn ) , November 1977

Girlfriend cassette recording of the very rough version in November 1977, 4.46 mn, longer version, without a lot of overdubs, and a rough Paul's guide vocal. Great version

LOT 283

Girl's School Take 1 , 3,57 mn, beautiful take full of energy, with wonderful Paul's vocal, Feb 1977

Girl's School, Take 2, 4.53 mn, basic track of the final version without overdubs, slower version, Feb 1977

London Town, 4.21 mn, extraordinary version without overdubs, great Paul's guide vocal and a totally different bridge, Feb 1977

Silly Love Songs, 6.01 mn, great version without strings and horns, in perfect sound quality, January 1976

Wino Junko, 5.25 mn, without overdubs, wonderful sound quality, January 1976

LOT 284
TAPE 1 LAGOS, 30 mn pristine studio sound quality. A complete Geoff Emerick tape of the recordings made in September 1973 ( From the 3rd to the 14th at EMI studio, Lagos Nigeria), with count in and talks before tracks but without overdubs done in October at AIR studios, London.

MAMOONIA 4.56 mn : Basic track with guide vocal and without overdubs

BAND ON THE RUN PART 1 & PART 2 , 5.20 mn,Not yet linked together, no overdubs, great introduction, guide vocals with mistakes, wonderful

HELEN WHEELS 3.59 mn, basic track without overdubs, full of energy

MRS VANDERBILT 4.38mn, basic track with no overdub, no sax solo yet

NO WORDS 4.29mn, longer version, still instrumental, the best moment of the tape

LET ME ROLL IT 5.12 mn, instrumental without overdub, rough basic track

TAPE 2

DRINK TO ME ( PICASSO LAST WORDS ) 6,24, longer version without overdubs, great introduction, all the pieces are stuck together, recorded at Ginger Baker ARC Batakota Lagos Studio on the 17th of September 1973

MARC BOLAN VOCAL AND GUITAR track overdubs SESSION, 20 mn
alphabeatles

Re: New Wings Outtakes Going Up For Auction

Post by alphabeatles »

This material would have been handy for the Band on the Run (Archive Collection) 2010 Remaster...
sam004

Post by sam004 »

Wish we could do like they did years ago on BZ and pool money and buy it.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Yes, I made the same suggestion in another topic.

Try to get the tapes, make a copy for ourselves, put the tapes back in auction.
darth9neo

Post by darth9neo »

alphabeatles wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:49 pm This material would have been handy for the Band on the Run (Archive Collection) 2010 Remaster...
It's not as though Paul didn't have access to it at the time. This is just a dub Geoff Emerick ran off - the originals, not to mention the multitracks, are still in the archives. So are the four-track demos for the album that were recorded in Scotland leading up to the trip to Lagos. We've heard the story many times about the demos being stolen when Paul was mugged in Lagos, but those were cassette copies. The four-track master is still in Paul's possession, and since it includes the full pre-Lagos lineup of Wings (i.e., with Denny Siewell on drums and Henry McCullough on lead guitar), it would be fascinating to hear.

d9n
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

darth9neo wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:42 pm We've heard the story many times about the demos being stolen when Paul was mugged in Lagos, but those were cassette copies. The four-track master is still in Paul's possession, and since it includes the full pre-Lagos lineup of Wings (i.e., with Denny Siewell on drums and Henry McCullough on lead guitar), it would be fascinating to hear.

d9n
And hence, there's the rub. If Paul were to officially release those demos, he'd have to pay Siewell & McCullough wouldn't he? Pity that something as inconsequential as money might be to a man who wrote, "Can't Buy Me Love" would stand as an obstacle to our love for these demos.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

I strongly doubt that. They were paid as Wings members - whatever the controversy about their wages - this would not prevent the use of the tapes. I rather think that the concept of the archives has changed over tile. Band On The Run was the first one, MPL weren´t too confident about the use of outtakes and demos at the time. It gradually evolved and we got more - though not enough ! :evil: - with the latter sets.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

I'm hoping that after we get (if we ever get) London Town / Back to the Egg and dare I even dream Broad Street / Press To Play that maybe they will revisit Band on the Run for a super deluxe box set. The scope of the project did change substantially since its inception and BOTR deserves a much more robust archival release, not just a 50th anniversary half speed remastered LP which I'm sure is on the way.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

This year - or next - would be the year to do so if they consider doing a new deluxe set. Even if it would be welcome, it would still be strange to have a revamp before the London Town and Back To The Egg sets.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Fast lucky wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:05 pm This year - or next - would be the year to do so if they consider doing a new deluxe set. Even if it would be welcome, it would still be strange to have a revamp before the London Town and Back To The Egg sets.
Or they could re-do BOTR in 2028.