Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 9 Version 2 available)

Post by masterjedi »

jackb wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:03 am Vol 8, track 36: is there a longer version of For No One take 14 monitor mix that circulates? I do find all these monitor mixes to be confusing. I seem to have something labeled monitor mixes of take 14 that is quite a bit longer, but maybe it's something someone patched together from monitor mixes of earlier takes. I can't tell.

Your help is appreciated, Jack
The thing about the For No One takes 10 and 14 (and Here, There, and Everywhere take 14) monitor mixes is that it's just the same take played over and over, isolating different sections. My version of this compilation is not about alternate mixes and isolations unless they have unique elements not heard elsewhere. For these takes, I chose the playback that has the longest unique intro and outro. There was one instance where I edited two different playbacks together (sorry, don't recall which one) at a spot where the same sliders were up during both playbacks to create one longest version. If you have something longer from the monitor mixes for FNO take 14, it's because they paused the playback and chatted for a bit, or rewound, or the speed is off. If you check the beginning and ending of the copy you have, you will find mine is more complete, and if not, please let me know!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

jackb wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:41 pm I continue to work my way through Vol. 8.
Tack 38, Yellow Submarine take 4. I have a recording, less than 5 seconds long, with a take 4 announcement and some thrashing of guitar. It doesn't seem to be a part of Vol. 8 track 38. Can anyone tell me about the recording I have and if it belongs here or somewhere else.

As always, thanks very much for your help, Jack
I'm unable to locate anything like that, except maybe on a montage of take announcements from Yellow Chatter Custard. Can you provide more details or a download?

And, thanks for continuing to check my work, Jackb! I really want this to be as complete and as high quality as possible, for my own selfish interest.
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

masterjedi wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:39 am
Tack 38, Yellow Submarine take 4. I have a recording, less than 5 seconds long, with a take 4 announcement and some thrashing of guitar. It doesn't seem to be a part of Vol. 8 track 38. Can anyone tell me about the recording I have and if it belongs here or somewhere else.

I'm unable to locate anything like that, except maybe on a montage of take announcements from Yellow Chatter Custard. Can you provide more details or a download?

And, thanks for continuing to check my work, Jackb! I really want this to be as complete and as high quality as possible, for my own selfish interest.
WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to .........

hxxps://we.tl/t-1gMtRnD0mx

Yellow Chatter Custard Vol 1 (HSR) track 29

fl.
jackb

Post by jackb »

Masterjedi and (flabbyroad): the clip from Yellow Chatter Custard that was shared is the brief clip I have in my collection. Any idea where that bit of audio belongs?

I've been collecting Beatles audio for a long time, but my notes on where things came from aren't always what they should be.

The Complete Recording Sessions are so valuable as a resource.

Jack
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

The guitar strum after the take announcement is from the Get Back sessions, it's the very start of 31.08 in A/B road, after they do a take of Two of Us where John is out of tune
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

[flabbyroad] wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:57 pm
masterjedi wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:39 am

WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to .........

hxxps://we.tl/t-1gMtRnD0mx

Yellow Chatter Custard Vol 1 (HSR) track 29

fl.
thanks, that's not track 29 on my copy of YCC. I have Version 5. What do you have? Assuming it was realized to not be from Yellow Submarine and got retitled.
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

The Beatles
Yellow Chatter Custard - Volume 1
Helter Skelter Records
HSR014

Final Release Version: 1

No further info; never worked this one ( and vol 2) out in 'my archives'.

fl.
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Thank you for continuing this great project. There's a collection online that is unavailable but includes backwards experiments from June 10/11 1968 and these Inner Light mixes.

The Inner Light - Acoustic Version
The Inner Light - Monitor Mix
The Inner Light - RM4 Mono
The Inner Light - UK EP Mono
The Inner Light - Love Version
The Inner Light - 2009 Mono Mix
The Inner Light - 2009 Stereo Mix
The Inner Light - Mono To Stereo Remix

I don't recall seeing these in Colturkeys collection. Will you be including them in the updates?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

JPM7756 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:56 am Thank you for continuing this great project. There's a collection online that is unavailable but includes backwards experiments from June 10/11 1968 and these Inner Light mixes.

The Inner Light - Acoustic Version
The Inner Light - Monitor Mix
The Inner Light - RM4 Mono
The Inner Light - UK EP Mono
The Inner Light - Love Version
The Inner Light - 2009 Mono Mix
The Inner Light - 2009 Stereo Mix
The Inner Light - Mono To Stereo Remix

I don't recall seeing these in Colturkeys collection. Will you be including them in the updates?
Well, I can't include something I don't have, and as for the Inner Light mixes, some of those are outside of the scope of this project.
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Understood. Thanks for your time and effort on this project.