A Day In The Life Footage Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Rickenbacker325

Re: A Day In The Life Footage Reconstruction

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:21 am Hi everyone,

Recently I made a compilation of all the available footage we have from the session for A Day In The Life, using bootlegged outtake footage from various HMC DVDs, the film Watch Out For Your Ears, and the official promo video. Compiling everything, we have over 23 minutes worth! I have also done what I can to try and compile everything in a sensible order. Some outtake and promo clips connect through trims, but many don't! Although it's quite choppy and shaky, I hope you all enjoy :)

This is excellent by the way…great job
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Thank you! I really tried to make as much sense of this as I could…and I have a theory of how that day transpired but I truly don’t have much evidence for it besides trying to see what the lighting is, and stuff like George Martin’s jacket. But I had to follow it in making this ! :D
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Egg Man John

Post by Egg Man John »

Hello Adam, I would like to know if it would be possible for you to share your video through Google Drive, please?
Thanks in advance.
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:55 pm
Davenicks wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:41 pm Thanks so much for this and all you do.

Beginning at about 3:00 we see various people shooting with what appear to be handheld 8mm cameras. Do we know if that footage is included in what we are seeing in your compilation?

Thanks!

Dave in Nashville
I believe that there was a good amount of people filming during the whole thing, and maybe the camera just caught the other people filming, either way what’s shown in the video is absolutely everything I could find! I do think there are some moments filmed by multiple cameras though, possibly
It's worth reading what Mark Lewisohn descibed in The Complete Chronicle (Pyramid Books 1992)

Stock footage or purpose:

19:55

20:22

Great job 'AdamBound'

fl.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

[flabbyroad] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:10 pm
AdamBound wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:55 pm
Davenicks wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:41 pm Thanks so much for this and all you do.

Beginning at about 3:00 we see various people shooting with what appear to be handheld 8mm cameras. Do we know if that footage is included in what we are seeing in your compilation?

Thanks!

Dave in Nashville
I believe that there was a good amount of people filming during the whole thing, and maybe the camera just caught the other people filming, either way what’s shown in the video is absolutely everything I could find! I do think there are some moments filmed by multiple cameras though, possibly
It's worth reading what Mark Lewisohn descibed in The Complete Chronicle (Pyramid Books 1992)

Stock footage or purpose:

19:55

20:22

Great job 'AdamBound'

fl.
Wow, you have a real talent for this! I had been wondering what those storefronts were, and where, so thank you! :D
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Hitachi

Post by Hitachi »

Adam
I was wondering if during your research for your wonderful compile of all things "A Day in The Life" whether you had access to the broadcast of the (original edit?) promo which was shown on the UK "The Tube" on Feb 11, 1983 although they (for some strange reason) actually used the audio of "Come Together' instead! I used to have this on VHS but it's long disappeared and to my knowledge this particular broadcast has never been bootlegged and I am very curious if it was indeed the original edit from 1967 although "Come Together" is 4:20 mins and "A Day in The Life" is approx 5:10ish mins so the "The Tube" video would have had to be edited or faded. This version needs to be found and analysed just in case it's an entirely new edit.
Any info would be appreciated as would an upload if anyone has a copy.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:53 am Sounds like “Penthouse Pauper” by CCR!
Paupers have nothing except individuality.
Wish I could hide away. And that's what I call...
Pretending!?!
KC
Doug

Post by Doug »

Hitachi wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:44 am...to my knowledge this particular broadcast has never been bootlegged...
It's on HMC's "1967 The Sgt. Pepper Commemorative Issue" DVD, Hitachi.
Hitachi

Post by Hitachi »

Thanks Doug! That's fantastic to know. I'd thought that version had slipped under the radar. I'm guessing then that Adam did indeed have access to it and used anything that was unique in his compile.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

The soundtrack used on this was a perfect choice…I can listen to John noodling on his Mk2 mellotron all day