Art
Attachments
91iVoKSDAQL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
91iVoKSDAQL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg (157.21 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
CharlesHawtrey

Re: csnyfan's projects

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

Obviously a great fan of your work!
I was wondering if you'd someday plan to use some of your magic (and hard work) to remove that weird guitar chord that appear on two songs on the Let It Be Super Deluxe Edition, around the same timing, 99,9% in the right channel, what obviously appears to be a digital error.
3:48
3:49
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
steepien

Post by steepien »

Thank you, these are great! :)

I also made cover art, this one using the old "All Things Must Pass... Naked" title.
Attachments
atmp naked.jpg
atmp naked.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 1437 times
- alex (she/her)
peace and love peace and love <3
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

HIX NIX MIX IN STIX
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming! :)
rtbcIII wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:14 am HIX NIX MIX IN STIX
Don't really get that one, though?
steepien wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:13 amI also made cover art, this one using the old "All Things Must Pass... Naked" title.
Hey, that looks really cool! Great :mrgreen:

03 Wah Wah [2023 csnyfan remix v4]
Remixed again from the ground up with my current method to get cleaner vocals, lead horns and lead guitar. Better removal of SFX noise resulted in a much cleaner ending.
hxxps://we.tl/t-AuvEHhpNch
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

csnyfan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:30 pm 03 Wah Wah [2023 csnyfan remix v4]
Remixed again from the ground up with my current method to get cleaner vocals, lead horns and lead guitar. Better removal of SFX noise resulted in a much cleaner ending.
hxxps://we.tl/t-AuvEHhpNch
My God I can actually listen to this song now.
Waiting for What Is Life!
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

05 What Is Life [2023 csnyfan remix]
Typical wall-of-sound reverb had been baked into the drums and stereo guitar tracks, which has been removed. Acoustic guitar is slighlty more prominent. Some of the string arrangement has been removed: The syrupy strings in the pre-chorus are completely gone and only one track of strings is used for the remainder, panned to the center.
hxxps://we.tl/t-O71m55xGrw
HelenWheels

Post by HelenWheels »

csnyfan wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:59 pm Enjoy a new ATMP remix track! Also reuploading the others I have already shared.

01 I'd Have You Anytime [2023 csnyfan remix]
Albeit a fairly straightforward recording with minimal overdubs, the album opener posed significant technical challenges. The beautifully recorded, shimmering acoustic guitars have been dulled in both official mixes. To make them more prominent, microphone bleed from George's live lead vocal has been removed to avoid unpleasant phase cancellation. The 2020 remix moved one single bass note around at 0:31 - it is back where it belongs. While recording the basic track, something messed with the tape machine's speed at 0:45-0:48 and 1:00-1:08, causing flutter, which has also been fixed here. The vibraphone has been slightly promoted as its notes complement the lead guitar line.
hxxps://we.tl/t-fLqd5yTEPp

03 Wah Wah [2023 csnyfan remix]
Thanks to new demixing technology, more drums and percussion reverb could be pulled from the guitar tracks compared to my 2021 remix. The acoustic guitar is more audible as a result. It also allowed me to fade up the clean and complete ending, and get rid of the SFX overdubs (crowd and engine noises).
hxxps://we.tl/t-ZQCx9BhlxO

09 Run Of The Mill [2023 csnyfan remix]
No ADT on guitar intro. The rest is close to the 2020 remix, with better EQ and slightly less reverb.
hxxps://we.tl/t-VfWjeMQyS3

10 Beware Of Darkness [2023 csnyfan remix]
No phased, syrupy strings. EQ improved compared to 2020 remix, especially on drums (more punch, less boom) and guitars.
hxxps://we.tl/t-C6BtMd4TqF

11 Apple Scruffs [2023 csnyfan remix]
No ADT on vocal/harmonica/footstamp track, virtually no reverb, optimized EQ.
hxxps://we.tl/t-csPdVsMzUq

12 Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll) [2023 csnyfan remix]
A fairly radical remix. Acoustic guitar has been given more treble and less boominess, allowing the bass guitar more space; drums are clean and sound closer to the original than the 2020 remix. The loud, reverbed tambourine has been tamed. Less reverb in general - marvel at the sound of the clean Hammond B3! No fadeout, cold ending.
hxxps://we.tl/t-PTSZlmfVQN

13 Awaiting On You All [2021 csnyfan remix]
Here's a new remix of "Awaiting on You All", based on the 7.1 tracks with help from the multitrack dub. The 2020 mix curiously dulled the vocal with a sharp notch at 3kHz and a strong treble cut that was not present on the 1970 mix - I have undone that. The guitars carry most echo on the 2020 mix, but I managed to remove it by using the multitrack dub as a spectral template. By flipping the two rhythm guitars in the stereo field, I brought out the descending organ notes before the verses that were previously drowned by the descending guitar line. So now we have the cleanest mix of this track to date, with excellent dynamics and fidelity, while still maintaining a grand soundscape.
hxxps://we.tl/t-ev1tXyWAKa

14 All Things Must Pass [2023 csnyfan remix]
Less syrupy mix. The strings are only brought up when they actually add texture (intro, bridge, outro). The horns blend in like on the original, while the 2020 mix made them stand out. A bit more acoustic guitar than either official mix.
hxxps://we.tl/t-icIxc89t7y

16 Art Of Dying [2023 csnyfan remix]
EQ is close to the original wall-of-sound mix, while this version is even drier than the somewhat muffled sounding 2020 remix. No fadeout, cold ending.
hxxps://we.tl/t-7NxpigVuro

18 Hear Me Lord [2023 csnyfan remix]
No ADT on drums. Better EQ than 2020 remix, cleaner and slightly wider than both official mixes.
hxxps://we.tl/t-uMxyGxKkP9
I would really appreciate a reup of these if anyone would be so kind. CSNYFAN - the mixes 've heard are just MAGICAL. Thank you SO much.

Peace in the neighbourhood

HW
Martin85

Post by Martin85 »