THE FRIDAY ROCK SHOW

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Nimbus

Re: THE FRIDAY ROCK SHOW

Post by Nimbus »

darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much Nimbus for the re-up and Lord Reith for the original :)
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Nimbus wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:07 pm Here you go ....

hxxps://we.tl/t-ubUPKqRMTj
Thank you so much Nimbus!!!
Cheers
Mike
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you to Nimbus and Lord Reith.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

Lord Reith, Nimbus,
thanks a lot for sharing the interesting and Beatles-BBC-historically significant material!!
:D
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME reup - Thank you .....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

These must have been mind blowing for fans in 1979/80. The only BBC boots up till then had all been atrocious quality, and all the best ones had been in the first few years of the decade. Lightning from a clear sky.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rubberswan

Post by Rubberswan »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:44 am These must have been mind blowing for fans in 1979/80. The only BBC boots up till then had all been atrocious quality, and all the best ones had been in the first few years of the decade. Lightning from a clear sky.
Yes. I remember taping these at the time (the tape has long since gone). I particularly remember being caught on the hop on one occasion, so my recording of Nothing Shaking started quietly and got louder as I adjusted to the right level (VU meters flicking just occasionally into the red...). This was the first inkling that any of us knew that this material existed in such good quality. Shortly afterwards came the Johnny and the Moondogs/On Air bootleg, which I think was sourced largely from the FRS broadcast, and the Broadcasts boot. Good times!!!
"The rubber swan is mine" - Vaughn Meader, The First Family, 1962
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Rubberswan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:48 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:44 am These must have been mind blowing for fans in 1979/80. The only BBC boots up till then had all been atrocious quality, and all the best ones had been in the first few years of the decade. Lightning from a clear sky.
Yes. I remember taping these at the time (the tape has long since gone). I particularly remember being caught on the hop on one occasion, so my recording of Nothing Shaking started quietly and got louder as I adjusted to the right level (VU meters flicking just occasionally into the red...). This was the first inkling that any of us knew that this material existed in such good quality. Shortly afterwards came the Johnny and the Moondogs/On Air bootleg, which I think was sourced largely from the FRS broadcast, and the Broadcasts boot. Good times!!!
Yeah, those FRS shook loose all that stuff which had been hiding. 1980-83 was an incredible time for BBC boots. First we had the Four By The Beatles ep in July 1980 (which Tommy Vance played on the air) and then in rapid succession Broadcasts, Air Time/Silver Days, Beautiful Dreamer and The Beatles At The Beeb box set. Then it would be another three years before we got the 13 album series (and my God, can I recall the seismic impact that had on my life! Like winning the lottery it was!)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene