John Lennon/Chuck Berry - Memphis Tennessee Live 1972

Wherever you are, you are here…
Gredel21

John Lennon/Chuck Berry - Memphis Tennessee Live 1972

Post by Gredel21 »

Greetings all

Was listening to the John Lennon/Chuck Berry Duet of Memphis Tennessee from the Mike Douglas Show.
I tried to edit the Yoko screeching by substituting the Beatle portion from the BBC to make it fit lyrically .
What I found out is that the pitch and speed are slower on the Beatle Version and tried to correct it as best I could.

I would upload but not sure what works for mp3 files. ( Not sure how )

Has anyone tried to De-Yoko her vocals on the recording while keeping John and Chucks vocals intact.
As well as the Toronto 1969 peace concert,

Suggestions

Greg
A-Caceres

Re: John Lennon/Chuck Berry - Memphis Tennessee Live 1972

Post by A-Caceres »

Someone successfully removed her voice from the Zappa/Mothers/Lennons performance of Baby Please Don't Go (yet keeping the vocals of Flo and Eddie). It could be possible.
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

Gredel21 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:33 am Greetings all

Was listening to the John Lennon/Chuck Berry Duet of Memphis Tennessee from the Mike Douglas Show.
I tried to edit the Yoko screeching by substituting the Beatle portion from the BBC to make it fit lyrically .
What I found out is that the pitch and speed are slower on the Beatle Version and tried to correct it as best I could.

I would upload but not sure what works for mp3 files. ( Not sure how )

Has anyone tried to De-Yoko her vocals on the recording while keeping John and Chucks vocals intact.
As well as the Toronto 1969 peace concert,

Suggestions

Greg
A-Caceres wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:39 am Someone successfully removed her voice from the Zappa/Mothers/Lennons performance of Baby Please Don't Go (yet keeping the vocals of Flo and Eddie). It could be possible.
That was me.

Unfortunately, Yoko can never be completely removed. In Memphis you can hear her at 01:09 because her voice is louder than John and Chuck's. Software recognizes the voice as both a voice and an instrument. Removing them spectral manually runs the risk of damaging other sounds. It remains a more or less successful compromise.
Last edited by khundalini on Sun May 12, 2024 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

I remember someone was able to remove Yoko from "Happy Xmas". Not that I objected to her being there, but it sounded nice! No idea where I put the file, though.
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

Thanks khundalini
I probably had these already, but I am so unorganized.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

The more recent versions of the Toronto 1969 concert have much less Yoko in the mix as compared to the original release.

I wonder how that show might sound without John's vocal. Maybe I'll try to do that one for April Fool's next year.