Revolver experimental mixes

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Modboy66

Revolver experimental mixes

Post by Modboy66 »

Continuing the psychedelic vein here are some experiments I had fun making from Revolver tracks:

Tomorrow Never Knows - to the accidentally released RM11 I mixed in the backwards guitar - reversed - on the outro between vocals

I'm Only Sleeping - I added the backwards guitar outro - reversed - as an intro to the special mono mix RM1 from the SDE incorporating all of the backwards guitar passes.

Paperback Writer - the mono single has a longer fade, with psychedelic delay effects at the vocal stops - I mixed the long fade and vocals from the mono into the Giles Martin stereo remix - adjusted all levels and gain and followed the original stereo LP mix as a guide - but trying to keep the punch of the mono single. You can hear a typewriter on the fade out of the single mix too - very clever.

Dr. Robert - I mixed the extended verse from the SDE into the Giles remix , readjusted levels and gain, etc.

She Said She Said - the SDE has a great outtake of the backing track, take 15, unedited with cool banter at the beginning. It's a weird split mix - so I remixed it in mono and added the vocals

Yellow Submarine - made a new stereo mix using the spoken intro and added other bits and a clean ending

A Beginning (Liverpool Dawn sequence)/ Eleanor Rigby - cleaned up the gorgeous George Martin piece from YS and the unique film mix of Eleanor Rigby -
Enjoy hxxps://we.tl/t-SftQ8uN0if
BTL1210

Re: Revolver experimental mixes

Post by BTL1210 »

Many thanks for your latest share Modboy66 .....
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

I enjoyed your mix of Dr.Robert. I used the extraction site to get the Backing Track . Thank You for posting your Great Mix.
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, ModBoy66! :mrgreen:
Ale.
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank you
billymartin70

Post by billymartin70 »

Great work!
I would love to hear She Said She Said with the stereo backing track and the added voices less prominent.
I'd love to hear that, can you do it? Please?!
I'd like to hear Ringo's drums more loud, 'cause I was a little dissapointed with Giles Martin remix of this track.
Thank you!!! :)