Woman is the [Slave] of the World (AI)

Wherever you are, you are here…
alphabeatles

Re: Woman is the [Slave] of the World (AI)

Post by alphabeatles »

You know if you use the word AND a McCartney lick with a rap beat, it's perfectly acceptable, all day!
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

The BBC also banned 'I Am the Walrus' because it had the phrase 'you let your knickers down' in it.

Maybe we should use AI to re-work that 1972 track into 'Woman Wears Knickers in the World'. (Yes she does. If you don't believe me, take a look at the one you're with.)
BeatlegPod

Post by BeatlegPod »

Thanks to those who understood the spirit of this edit :)

I'm not in any way attempting to take any sort of political position whatsoever with regards to the original, nor would an internet forum be the place I'd choose to do it. Nor have I rewritten or censored Lennon - the original still exists, fill your boots.

Songs have always had radio edits. This is simply a version I can drop into a playlist in my home or car on a hot day with the windows open, without causing offence. Just empathy and courtesy, nothing more.

Shared for those who might also be interested, that's all.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Well said.

Welcome to the group.
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

I really enjoyed it. Thanks
cdgm

Post by cdgm »

Words being offensive has always been silly. Context matters. When the word gets bleeped from Blazing Saddles, the movie is meaningless. Because the whole movie was about that word. Same for the song. I think it’s become one of the most deplorable words in the English language and it’s difficult under any circumstances to not feel disgusted saying it, but back to Blazing Saddles, when you don’t hear that word, it takes the entire satire and meaning of the movie out of it. I watched Superfly and Shaft this past week. I heard the word plenty of times. And many words frowned upon now were commonly used back then. But hey, I never blinked an eye when Skynyrd and Tom Petty had the stars and bars on stage and Neil even named an album after it. Southern rebel pride I always thought being an NYC lib. Yea, I don’t like cancel culture. Intent matters. We know those Jacksonville bands loved their stars and bars.