Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MrMurphMcgee

Re: MLH's 'Let It Be' is coming!

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Via FB
Attachments
IMG_4933.jpeg
IMG_4933.jpeg (207.26 KiB) Viewed 670 times
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

hell yeah!~
ted

Post by ted »

silver_2000 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:12 pm hell yeah!~
Couldn't have said it any better!

:lol:
Last edited by ted on Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Chris
lennonfan

Post by lennonfan »

Great news, in theory. Yet as a fan I really wonder what took them so long. I know, economics and all that but let's face it: All of us here have the movie in some format or other already and The Beatles lost a ton of money that went to the bootleggers, instead. But better a very late release of LIB than none at all, I suppose. Seeing the Disney logo there made me cringe, though: I now see all my hopes for a decent physical package go down the drain. GB on DVD/BR without any extras was a major let-down to put it mildly. I for one would be more than happy to shelve out money for a well thought out and nicely designed physical box set comprising Peter Jackson's GB (no postcards, thank you very much), Michael Lindsay-Hogg's' restored LIB plus a physical release of the rooftop gig and some more (more interesting) outtakes from the sessions (audio would be just fine).
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

noirbar wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:47 pm And now for your Daily Howl: if it's truly happening, I just don't understand the purpose (or appeal) of this project, at all.

I have friends who really like the Beatles and enjoyed the doc, but of course they aren't obsessives like me. I'm guessing most D+ subscribers who caught any part of GB knew very little, if anything, about Beatles history (or certainly Jan '69), and probably many were younger, entirely brand new fans.

So MLH LIB comes out and wouldn't the reaction be: "Wait there's another Beatles film about the exact same thing I just watched for 9 hours? But it's kind of different and much older? And maybe doesn't look as good? And it's the same story and songs?" And I would want to watch this ...why?" (Speaking of the endlessly rehearsed songs, per this very thread, many of us here rank them much lower in the catalog to begin with. But that's what Disney is putting out, again?)

Unless it was PJ who pushed for this, maybe to honor and give overdue credit to MLH -- possibly (and thankfully) in part because he's still with us, I cannot figure the drivers here. We love this stuff, but I don't see Disney corporate putting much of any energy behind it. All of which also relates to my ongoing general disappointment with these vague, half-hearted offerings from Apple of late: Greatest Hits/R&B, an "AI single"; mini (unusable) '45s, lego Sullivan. (By the way, Feb '64 blew the entire roof off this country - maybe a bit of missed opportunity in 2024)? Despite these phenomenal, historic opportunities at hand, now we get the original, slightly depressing (and from what we now know, not entirely accurate) LIB film, 2.5 years after the incredible excitement and joy of GB. Just seems it's pretty much guaranteed to land flat, and there's that nagging disappointment again...
As nature intended. No more to say. 8-)
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Thanks guys for the responses to my earlier post. I do respect your excitement for this project. Bird in the hand.

Having said that, after the incredible thrill of GB, here we are 2.5 years later? After 9 hours of a spectacular documentary of (essentially) the same material? Umm, please sir may I have some more?

Think of the world-class respect and deep love given by catalog overseers for Dylan, Sir Duke, Neil Young, the Who, Grateful Dead, Miles, etc. etc. Ongoing, multiple Sinatra live sets. Cheap Trick has 66 band recorded "bootlegs" on their official YT channel. But here comes LIB for my viewing pleasure while I'm playing with my toy Ed Sullivan theater.

Even you guys seem to agree the only serious underlying purpose we can fathom is a PJ push. Love PJ but if that's the kind of driver it takes for updated releases by the greatest band of all time, see my paragraph above. And yes I am sour grapes that these 60 year anniversaries, with all their tremendous promise and historic potential keep passing us by. I'm not asking for a giant sea of tunes, but I still feel like Furiousa trying to get a cup of water.

P.S. And in the end I do know many here are truly and honestly excited by this release, so please forgive my very small, humble howl.
Last edited by noirbar on Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

So now the big question....4:3 or 16:9?
O1Ghungary

Post by O1Ghungary »

offical facebook post 1h ago:
437510715_972734450888878_9131931231087474646_n.jpg
437510715_972734450888878_9131931231087474646_n.jpg (110.26 KiB) Viewed 518 times
kingkenneth 2

Post by kingkenneth 2 »

wow wow wow, i take it all back.
it's finally happening.
a very happy bunny