1966 Shea Overdubs, NO CROWD. Help! & I Feel Fine

Fan created remixes and rare variations
BTL1210

Re: 1966 Shea Overdubs, NO CROWD. Help! & I Feel Fine

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME stuff silver_2000 .... Thanks for the latest share .....
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

These 2 tracks would be a good EP along with

the 2 tracks from 1963-04-03 EMI House-London :D
Last edited by jpgrcat1960 on Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

hxxps://we.tl/t-AMp3S4dOcH

Seattle, YOU CAN'T DO THAT.. NO CROWD..

the vocals are seemingly missing, must be terrible mics, but you can hear the instruments pretty well!
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

Great work!
Seattle is just a bit too muddy, I'd leave a tiny % of the audience noise in the mix just to have some high end...
After all, in this case, we simply want to hear the guys play above their audience - not erase the audience completely.

For the Shea tapes the idea is different: you want to retrieve the studio take, therefore no audience should be heard.
And here the results are yes, encouraging, but... not yet good in my opinion!
I'm not familiar with these softwares, but i feel they'd need some more "iterations" on this... you know, feed them this result as a "starting point" and tell them to isolate that, then iterate again and again. Does it make any sense?
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

nickotina wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:04 pm Great work!
Seattle is just a bit too muddy, I'd leave a tiny % of the audience noise in the mix just to have some high end...
After all, in this case, we simply want to hear the guys play above their audience - not erase the audience completely.

For the Shea tapes the idea is different: you want to retrieve the studio take, therefore no audience should be heard.
And here the results are yes, encouraging, but... not yet good in my opinion!
I'm not familiar with these softwares, but i feel they'd need some more "iterations" on this... you know, feed them this result as a "starting point" and tell them to isolate that, then iterate again and again. Does it make any sense?
The Seattle is merely a test, I agree wholeheartedly with not wanting to remove the crowd completely. I am using Ultimate Vocal Remover's Crowd HQ 1 model, this model and software are free to download and use, I recommend them!
I am maxing out the settings for the 'highest quality' separation, so it takes 15-25 minutes for 2 minute input on my Mac, but if one does default settings, could easily test it out in reasonably times.
The things you are requesting are probably in the nicer quality A.I models and software, but as a mere amateur, I don't have access to such things, I can only imagine the kind of tech that Apple has its hands on..
For the Hollywood Bowl re-release in 2015, Apple used a.i to separate the different tracks, (I am pretty sure), this was not around for amateurs at the time, from what I remember, at least to any decent quality, so that tells you how ahead of the curve they are.

I hope one of these days Apple releases the non-crowd overdub versions of the two new Shea recordings, or at least the crowd versions in decent quality, which would make the a.i crowd remover work better!
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

I think our very own csnyfan is probably even more ahead of Apple and of Peter Jackson's MAL :-)
But the results you got are encouraging!
I am thinking of removing the Bowl remix audience... that quality is superb, and it's just ruined by the screams!
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

nickotina wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:22 pm I think our very own csnyfan is probably even more ahead of Apple and of Peter Jackson's MAL :-)
But the results you got are encouraging!
I am thinking of removing the Bowl remix audience... that quality is superb, and it's just ruined by the screams!
I was just testing that very thing, I'll include both of the stems for you, crowd and Beatles

If I Fell, sourced from Lord Reith's Hollywood Bowl remixes, pretty clean imo

hxxps://we.tl/t-0yO8WILSkc

Would love to see CsnyFan try his hand at these Shea studio tracks, I am not the best at understanding a.i ! Sure he could pull a bit more out!
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

I wonder why they did not correct the lyric flaws in the new recording for Help.
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

silver_2000 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:38 pm I was just testing that very thing, I'll include both of the stems for you, crowd and Beatles
If I Fell, sourced from Lord Reith's Hollywood Bowl remixes, pretty clean imo
Oh Cool! There's some moments where it's nearly perfect! Then the drums gets eaten away... but still!
It's great to hear clearly. Also John's spastic "it's on the new album" sounds so crazy with no audience :-)
silver_2000 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:38 pm Would love to see CsnyFan try his hand at these Shea studio tracks, I am not the best at understanding a.i ! Sure he could pull a bit more out!
I worked with him for the Multi.Flacs Project some years ago and he's like a wizard. He'd probably write a software on the fly to solve the drums disappearing issue hahah At the time he had a very nice "chain" that involved using Spectralayers and ISSE a lot, but I suspect these are long outdated nowadays.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

georgefromhenley wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:56 pm I wonder why they did not correct the lyric flaws in the new recording for Help.
From the little bits I've read, the recording session seemed to be on the fly, minimal effort, it was a few days away from a well earned vacation and I think its fair to say that Lennon was not going bother holding a lyric sheet up to his face.