Is This Real? Any More Info Would be Nice To Have

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
ToddS

Is This Real? Any More Info Would be Nice To Have

Post by ToddS »

Notes: "The Beatles At Johanneshov Isstadion"
Empress Valley Supreme Disc (EVSD-736)

Lineage: mono shotgun microphone pointed at Paul's microphone amp & bass amp > ? >
Silver EVSD CD > WAV > FLAC (Level 6)

01 & 08: I Saw Her Standing There (beginning cut)
02 & 09: You Can't Do That
03 & 10: She Loves You
04 & 11: All My Loving
05 & 12: Roll Over Beethoven
06 & 13: Can't Buy Me Love
07 & 14: I Wanna Be Your Man

Tracks 01-07: "Mastering Version" (17:42)
Tracks 08-14: "Original Version" (17:37)
General Pepper

Re: Is This Real? Any More Info Would be Nice To Have

Post by General Pepper »

Has been previously uploaded.

viewtopic.php?t=7398&hilit=Johanneshov

GP
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You General Pepper .
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

I really doubt the "shotgun microphone pointed at Paul" thing.
It's really not possible to get this kind of sound with a shotgun microphone.
To me it's a soundboard recording that only happened to receive the signal from Paul's vocal microphone, that picked up sound from his amp placed right beside him.
eclipsed1

Post by eclipsed1 »

I seem to remember that when this tape showed up a few years ago, the story was that this was ony a single channel of what was originally a stereo feed from the soundboard - I don't recall the exact details, but there was a lot of speculation about the whereabouts of the original twin-track tape.
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

This makes much more sense!
Sound reinforcement at a typical Beatles concert would mainly (if not only) feature the vocal mikes, so it's possible that they had two channels for the vocal mikes and that's it.
As to how we only got the left side, that's puzzling!
eclipsed1

Post by eclipsed1 »

From Wogew's Blog August 2014:

A recording from one of The Beatles’ performances at Johanneshovs Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden suddenly materialised out of nowhere the other day, and started circulating among collectors. The Beatles played four concerts at the venue, two on July 28th, 1964 and two the day after. The recording could be from any of these concerts. The concert was professionally recorded in stereo, however, over the years, one channel of the stereo image has been wiped. The result is that you can hear Paul McCartney’s vocal microphone loud and clear, but not John Lennon’s. Of course, when George Harrison sings into McCartney’s microphone you can hear him, but not when he is using John’s. The bass, drums and George’s guitar are heard, but not so much Lennon’s rhythm guitar. You can hear John’s voice being picked up some times by Paul’s microphone, but distant. Still, it’s an entertaining recording, and the missing side of the stereo image lets you focus in on some backup singing.

From this recording, “All My Loving” has previously been aired on Swedish Radio by Staffan Olander in 2012, like we told you about at the time.

Songs heard:
I Saw Her Standing There (the beginning is missing)
You Can’t Do That (Paul thanks the audience in Swedish, John is audible when he’s speaking)
She Loves You (Paul tries to sing it with a Swedish accent occasionally)
All My Loving
Roll Over Beethoven (George is using Paul’s microphone, so we can hear him sing)
Can’t Buy Me Love
I Wanna Be Your Man (Ringo’s vocals almost inaudible, but Paul and John share Paul’s microphone and are strongly present)

And the recording comes to a halt.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

eclipsed1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:14 pm From Wogew's Blog August 2014:

A recording from one of The Beatles’ performances at Johanneshovs Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden suddenly materialised out of nowhere the other day, and started circulating among collectors. The Beatles played four concerts at the venue, two on July 28th, 1964 and two the day after. The recording could be from any of these concerts. The concert was professionally recorded in stereo, however, over the years, one channel of the stereo image has been wiped. The result is that you can hear Paul McCartney’s vocal microphone loud and clear, but not John Lennon’s. Of course, when George Harrison sings into McCartney’s microphone you can hear him, but not when he is using John’s. The bass, drums and George’s guitar are heard, but not so much Lennon’s rhythm guitar. You can hear John’s voice being picked up some times by Paul’s microphone, but distant. Still, it’s an entertaining recording, and the missing side of the stereo image lets you focus in on some backup singing.

From this recording, “All My Loving” has previously been aired on Swedish Radio by Staffan Olander in 2012, like we told you about at the time.

Songs heard:
I Saw Her Standing There (the beginning is missing)
You Can’t Do That (Paul thanks the audience in Swedish, John is audible when he’s speaking)
She Loves You (Paul tries to sing it with a Swedish accent occasionally)
All My Loving
Roll Over Beethoven (George is using Paul’s microphone, so we can hear him sing)
Can’t Buy Me Love
I Wanna Be Your Man (Ringo’s vocals almost inaudible, but Paul and John share Paul’s microphone and are strongly present)

And the recording comes to a halt.
Paul meows during Can't Do That, fun listen!, at the second to last, or I think 4th "you can't do that" backing vocal while Lennon is doing his solo
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Seen this on yahoo auction, Japan
Chris
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

WOA76 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:14 pm Seen this on yahoo auction, Japan
how much was he going for?