The Beatles Anthology (ABC Television Network US Broadcast) 6 DVD

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
BTL1210

Re: The Beatles Anthology (ABC Television Network US Broadcast) 6 DVD

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME Share cliftdean74 - Many thanks !!! ....
glassonion

Post by glassonion »

This is great. Thank you for this (as well as your excellent laserdisc transfer). I'm digging both variations.
bulldog1969

Post by bulldog1969 »

Thank you :D
MUR

Post by MUR »

Thanks, Mark! Superb.
So many versions of video-Anthology are shared now.. Much more than audio-Anthology versions))
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

There will always be more footage of the anthology than audio. Sometimes that happens. It is like Elvis Aloha From Hawaii, there was several cameras filming the show but all wasn't recording it. If you get the deluxe edition of Aloha, you will get the core footage itself without insert songs. But you will also get the U.S. Airing of the show. BUT, if you get a copy of the Japanese version of Aloha there is other footage of Aloha. There is a guy on YouTube who created the Ultimate Experience. He took the idea of Elvis On Tour and did it to Aloha. Added the FTD (Follow That Dream) for the audio. It is a really good. There is so much on The Beatles and Elvis, it is really just sad it won't be release or should I say in our lifetime.
loserlist69

Post by loserlist69 »

GP10Ellison wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:19 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:09 am
Then someone should update the wiki entry because this is the premier airing of the video. Looks the exact same as the tape I made on night 2. Furthermore, as far as I am aware there was NO repeat airing of Anthology. At least not in the US. One and done.
so I just compared the video for real love with the one from the DVD and it is different. No strawberry but the version that didn't air on ABC has footage of each beatle with their spouses intercut into the video that aren't on the aired version. glad to finally know the truth of the differences.
sorry for the confusion.

I didn't remember a re-airing but figured maybe some market might have had it.

Fixed the wikipedia entry
Actually, I remember that there was a re-airing of The Beatles Anthology on ABC. Not sure of the exact dates but I believe it was sometime in early 1996. I know I do remember taping it again.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

loserlist69 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:58 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:09 am
Then someone should update the wiki entry because this is the premier airing of the video. Looks the exact same as the tape I made on night 2. Furthermore, as far as I am aware there was NO repeat airing of Anthology. At least not in the US. One and done.
so I just compared the video for real love with the one from the DVD and it is different. No strawberry but the version that didn't air on ABC has footage of each beatle with their spouses intercut into the video that aren't on the aired version. glad to finally know the truth of the differences.
sorry for the confusion.

Actually, I remember that there was a re-airing of The Beatles Anthology on ABC. Not sure of the exact dates but I believe it was sometime in early 1996. I know I do remember taping it again.
There is no reference anywhere nor do I remember ABC ever re-airing the anthology series. The only other television broadcast I am aware of was in 2009. On August 26th, September 2nd and 9th VH-1 and VH-1 Classic re-aired the three-part series during the buildup to the remastered Beatles catalog.
loserlist69

Post by loserlist69 »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:40 am

sorry for the confusion.

There is no reference anywhere nor do I remember ABC ever re-airing the anthology series. The only other television broadcast I am aware of was in 2009. On August 26th, September 2nd and 9th VH-1 and VH-1 Classic re-aired the three-part series during the buildup to the remastered Beatles catalog.
I got it wrong about which part of the year it was but it did re-air on ABC in 1996 on August 31, September 5 and 7.

It's mentioned in a paragraph 8(?) in the Beatlenews Roundup in Beatlesfan Vol. 7 No. 5 (July-August 1996).

cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

loserlist69 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:54 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:40 am

I got it wrong about which part of the year it was but it did re-air on ABC in 1996 on August 31, September 5 and 7.

It's mentioned in a paragraph 8(?) in the Beatlenews Roundup in Beatlesfan Vol. 7 No. 5 (July-August 1996).
I stand corrected. Kudos for finding the source! Now we know of 3 US broadcasts. 1995, 1996 and 2009. It'd be great if someone had a copy of the 2009 VH-1 broadcast. That being only 15 years ago the tapes would be a lot fresher.