EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
TAKRL

Re: EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

Post by TAKRL »

Such threats by bootleggers should be ignored.
There is no crime against free sharing.
Following that statement will lead to the decline on this board.
menza08

Post by menza08 »

menza08

Post by menza08 »

In any case, one thing is collect a physical medium for collectors and another its content... you cannot compare...
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

TAKRL wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:37 pm Such threats by bootleggers should be ignored.
There is no crime against free sharing.
Following that statement will lead to attrition on this board.
Well, it's obviously not a "crime" to share... but I think this is a big wake-up call. It signals to bootleggers that they really shouldn't go out on a limb and pay big money for "new" material. HMC and Misterclaudel took a big chance. I don't know their business models, but I suspect they paid substantial money for these "Emerick" tapes. They see freebie shares as cutting into their sales. Both labels have very high production values. It probably costs them a lot of money to put out quality packages. They need to make back what they paid for the material. If they see freebie shares on websites like this as being an obstacle for making back their money, they simply won't bother taking the risk to by new material in the future.

My hunch is that a certain era of bootlegging is just about over. Yes, bootlegging will continue to exist. Labels will continue to scour torrent sites and fan websites like this for "free" material. They'll issue cds of absolutely no new material, or they'll remaster/remix/demix previous releases. But the days of hoping that a label will go out and "buy" notable new material is over.

Which, for me, is sad. These Emerick tapes, for example, never would've come to us if it weren't for HMC and Misterclaudel. Whoever sold the material to those labels wouldn't have just given the material away for free. Whoever sold this material wasn't interested in being generous---- like the many people over here have been, especially those who have donated material to Lord Reith for release here.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

menza08 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm In any case, one thing is collect a physical medium for collectors and another its content... you cannot compare...
But the "content" (at least for a certain stream of material) is ONLY available because bootleggers staked their own cash in buying the material in the first place. There would be no reason for those bootleggers to buy the "content" if they don't feel they can recoup their investment through the release of physical media.
mikec

Post by mikec »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 pm Well, that was swift... Here's an email Misterclaudel sent out this morning to his foreign clients and distributors. Looks like Misterclaudel may be getting out of the Beatles game. This is what we've all been trying to warn people about. We've been warning people NOT to share the new Misterclaudel sets for a reason...

Hello everyone.

Someone upload our new item UNDEDRDUBBED VOL.1 at free download
and othe guy spread the link of that like attachment.

We are selling CDs to customers,
not for providing materials to free downloads.

I don't want to deal with Beatles and solo CDs anymore to foreign countries.
Please do not order Beatles related stuff, it's for domestic customers only.
Other CDs are welcom as always.
More than a "warning" from somewhere else outside this forum or that we fans agree to wait a little bit more in order to get the rest of the Emerick tapes; people here don't follow the rules posted by the owner of this place, WilliamShears and by not doing that, the forum will be always "watched".
viewtopic.php?t=8
1-No official stuff is allowed (the MC title has the final tracks of CD 1 taken from "Band on the Run 50th" although in the order from the third and fourth Emerick tapes regarding "Band on the Run" sessions)
2-NO Atmos extractions or derivations (as they are official tracks not allowed to be ripped or "hacked" in first instance), and some tracks on Disks 2 & 3 (even when they present hidden and unheard stuff, sounds, vocals, etc), comes from those mixes.
Fungomatto03

Post by Fungomatto03 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 pm Well, that was swift... Here's an email Misterclaudel sent out this morning to his foreign clients and distributors. Looks like Misterclaudel may be getting out of the Beatles game. This is what we've all been trying to warn people about. We've been warning people NOT to share the new Misterclaudel sets for a reason...

Hello everyone.

what means "foreign countries"?
why should this be fault by some foreign people and not domestic?

"domestic" is Japan, USA, or what's else?

Maybe I don't understand this...

Luca
menza08

Post by menza08 »

I'm saved, I'm half Japanese :roll:
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Fungomatto03 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:04 pm

Hello everyone.

what means "foreign countries"?
why should this be fault by some foreign people and not domestic?

"domestic" is Japan, USA, or what's else?

Maybe I don't understand this...

Luca
Foreign is meant as outside Japan.

It could be wise to take to remove that link, even if it is impossible to avoid shares and trades.
Golem

Post by Golem »

mikec wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:54 pm

Hello everyone.

More than a "warning" from somewhere else outside this forum or that we fans agree to wait a little bit more in order to get the rest of the Emerick tapes; people here don't follow the rules posted by the owner of this place, WilliamShears and by not doing that, the forum will be always "watched".
viewtopic.php?t=8
1-No official stuff is allowed (the MC title has the final tracks of CD 1 taken from "Band on the Run 50th" although in the order from the third and fourth Emerick tapes regarding "Band on the Run" sessions)
2-NO Atmos extractions or derivations (as they are official tracks not allowed to be ripped or "hacked" in first instance), and some tracks on Disks 2 & 3 (even when they present hidden and unheard stuff, sounds, vocals, etc), comes from those mixes.

these rules aren't really followed to the letter like that, for example UAC has historically been allowed despite being almost all official content in some way, a big amount of bootlegs do contain official content, in fact I'd argue most, to fit on the forum they just have to be changed enough, though yeah I suppose you could argue newer content should have some sort of grace period to not attract attention. Either way tho if you really wanted to get anal about that no official stuff rule most boots here should be taken down. As for the 2nd part of that, I don't think that's what that rule is meant to mean at all, the forum doesn't ban outfakes derived from atmos, it just bans posting atmos mixes, though if I'm wrong there I'm welcome for William to correct me