EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Tex

Re: EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

Post by Tex »

I'll patiently wait for the good guys here to determine what's legit and make appropriate fixes or patches if needed.
Scavazza

Post by Scavazza »

Sorry for say this, but all boots makers, Misterclaudel or whatever, try to sell the oldies like news for us, to induct us in mistakes, why to care about them? So please guys...can you share this for us? Sorry if i just act like a fool...
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

mikec wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:45 pm Not fair that HMC didn't got the full tape? That’s not fair for you? So, it is fair saying that HMC put the best set out and with the Lagos tape and the Sound Effects, and that the Japanese release is obsolete and that your friends are about to release the rest of the Emerick stuff plus Wings unheard rehearsals (oops by bad!) little by little, maybe with the 2 and 3 new tracks from Speed of Sound and London Town filled into 4 disk sets with more fan-made tracks, Youtube instrumentals and stuff already released but we will have to pay for those 2 or 3 new tracks again with the rest of the materials?. That's really unfair, not that if HMC got a "chopped", edited and processed tape and Misterclaudel the real one. The best and fair way for HMC to redeem this mistake is to release together both the "Speed" and "Town" Emerick tapes together in one single disk and then Wings rehearsals into 2 disks and that's it, but making 4 volumes for very few new tracks sounds really unfair but hey! Looking forward to it and don't worry, I'm not going to make negative comments against anyone, I don't have the need for that (others do); just let the labels do their things, and stop making that some looks good and the others bad without any real fundaments, specifically talking about the “Lagos tapes”.
Again, a very good post.

Sentimentality being what it is, a lot of people instinctively defend HMC. From about 2014-2018, they put out consistently excellent packages chockful of new wonders and vast upgrades. However, it's now been years since they released anything "essential." They've seemingly exhausted their golden trough of manna. But we still want to defend them because of the good will they've built up.

Had not Misterclaudel happened upon their apparently upgraded Emerick tapes, we'd all be singing HMC's praises again. We would've congratulated them for sussing out interesting previously-unbooted material. And none of us would've been any the wiser that their Emerick tapes weren't complete.

[Mind you, it would be hilarious and sad if HMC's supplier purposely dicked them over by selling them inferior tapes. But if I was HMC, I'd think long and hard about why that might've been... and also long and hard about ever trusting that same supplier again.]

As for future releases, I suspect both MCCD and HMC will put forth "Volume 2" sets of Wings material soon. Who knows? Perhaps both labels will center their releases upon the same new tracks. By the time we get to "Volume 3" releases (if not sooner), the labels will probably start cannibalizing off each other. HMC's "Volume 3" could likely just be a grab-bag of tracks from the first two MCCD volumes.... and vice versa.
Last edited by 20YearsAgo on Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Scavazza wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:41 am Sorry for say this, but all boots makers, Misterclaudel or whatever, try to sell the oldies like news for us, to induct us in mistakes, why to care about them? So please guys...can you share this for us? Sorry if i just act like a fool...
Because the labels provided us with new material. Even if we differ about which is best, we must recognize that we'd never have gotten to hear this material if they hadn't ponied up the money to buy it. That's why we care about them. We want them to succeed so that they'll be incentivized to go out and buy more previously unheard releases for us. Let's not kill off the cow so that you and a few others can have the milk for free.
Scavazza

Post by Scavazza »

I bought the MC one and it just don't arrive for me yet. Im thinking about people who doesn't. But its alright. Lets wait.
maccafan2021

Post by maccafan2021 »

I'm totally in favor of record labels releasing all this incredible material for us. They all have pros and cons. Some just copy or release more of the same, but with beautiful covers (see DAP, Valkyrie and several others). As for MC, I'm tired of buying or downloading their material, some of them very good, mainly because of the covers, but I've never found the best ones. I have some of their stuff here, especially live, very weak. They have improved a lot. HMC has its ups and downs too, but I value the initiative to launch something else, and something new for us. So, I don't condemn as much how they did it or what they did. Everyone deserves credit and discredit. The fact is that if we wait for all this material to one day come to light through an official record label, we will already be mummified...lol
2legspodcast

Post by 2legspodcast »

Longtime lurker of this forum but happy follow along. Our show just did a quick recap of these releases, (well mainly only the MC) bc HMC hasn't surfaced yet. Friend of ours said "The new MC is the best McCartney era boot since Last Flight." We gave a shout out to mikec for his analysis and breakdown.

TAKRL

Post by TAKRL »

I have determined that the HMC source for Band On The Run, which is missing five seconds, is the original and correct source.
I believe that MC has replaced that missing part with the official Underdubbed Mix.
This is because the MC has a slight change in sound quality in those five seconds and there are traces of editing.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

TAKRL wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:57 pm I have determined that the HMC source for Band On The Run, which is missing five seconds, is the original and correct source.
I believe that MC has replaced that missing part with the official Underdubbed Mix.
This is because the MC has a slight change in sound quality in those five seconds and there are traces of editing.
Too funny ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU determined that MC source is not correct :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikec

Post by mikec »

Thanks for the feedback!. Meanwhile, the official info regarding the tape doesn't match the HMC source and no specification of any cut, and the length specified for this track in particular you're referring to, doesn't match with the actual time put on the tape (besides that Mamunia on the HMC release has a very clear edit too and also don't match with the length on the actual tape put on auction -and the continues edits, or abrupt cuts, track after track- not any continuity in the tape- could make you doubt now which is the "original and correct source".

We can also verify in the following link that the times for ALL tracks matches pretty close to my back to back review and the Japanese release ( you can verify by yourself by hearing the Misterclaudel tape) and almost none of the tracks length matches the HMC release:

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction ... 8&pn=6&g=1

BAND ON THE RUN PART 1 & PART 2 , 5.20 mn,Not yet linked together, no overdubs, great introduction, guide vocals with mistakes, wonderful

BAND ON THE RUN
HMC: 5:16 (actual length including a missing part 5:14)
MC: 5:21 (actual length with full track 5:21)

P.D. Remember that the times for both releases and now, the original OMEGA Auction tape, includes not only the length for the performance itself but also the space between one and the other track, including tape noise or hiss; each label starts and ends at different point each song and also the criteria OMEGA did to put a length track by track that in the end sums the total length of the tape (including tape noise/hiss).