EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
mikec

Re: EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

Post by mikec »

TAKRL wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:57 pm I have determined that the HMC source for Band On The Run, which is missing five seconds, is the original and correct source.
I believe that MC has replaced that missing part with the official Underdubbed Mix.
This is because the MC has a slight change in sound quality in those five seconds and there are traces of editing.
Read my post before this, kind regards
Track06

Post by Track06 »

mikec wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:06 pm Not yet linked together
I guess HMC edited out that part to fake a product more closely matching the wrong auction description and MC evidentially borrowed a segment from the official release just to make it better. What am I getting wrong? I would like to understand and lol multiple times too. Fun is the one thing that money can't buy, after all.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

After one I determined, now a guess that HMC edited out the true and reliable source by faking it.
Is it so unreasonable to believe that both labels used what was provided to them ?
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Sorry for my ironic 'guess'. I should know better. Irony rarely works as intended even in more personal relationships and among less diverse people than we have and are here.

When I'm talking about HMC or MC it's generally not directed at a person or a group or a business, but a label labelling a source. Present tense would have more accurately expressed what i meant to say.

It is reasonable they use what was provided. Still, the product is a result of all steps involved in it's creation, and ultimately you will righfully be considered to be ultimately responsible if you put your label on it. Especially if its 'TMOQ'.

It is possible to determine MC uses an edit piece from the official release pretty reliably. I did that too. Of course, drawing conclusions then easily involves some sort and degree of speculation. Why, who and how exactly is probably almost impossible to research, but is it so unreasonable to believe that whoever seemingly has most to gain has the biggest motivation to do anything?
mikec

Post by mikec »

Track06 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:24 pm
mikec wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:06 pm Not yet linked together
I guess HMC edited out that part to fake a product more closely matching the wrong auction description and MC evidentially borrowed a segment from the official release just to make it better. What am I getting wrong? I would like to understand and lol multiple times too. Fun is the one thing that money can't buy, after all.
Could be anything at this stage on any released Bootleg or about to be released!.
(I remember clearly when I pointed out in my review for the SGT PEPPER Deluxe edition published with The Daily Beatle and other places, that RM11 of Penny Lane on Bootlegs coming from what fans thought it was a better and direct transfer released by Dr. Ebbetts, it is actually a mix of few edits from different sources and I stated under which minutes and seconds and some fans wrote under the reviews that I was wrong until one of the sources who gave the Doctor one of his transfers confirmed that on Hoffman, pointing out the exact seconds and edits made using different sources, so always possible to have some "reconstructions")

We have the same stuff from two different sources, none matching each other specially with Mamunia and Band. One matching more closely the Omega description of the actual tape put on sale.
Now, regarding Band's "not yet linked together", the first time I read that description they put on their page I though: Ohh, so it's a take from Part 1, then the whole band stops, we hear a space and then "Part 2" starts, coming from a different session and take they did (meaning that it was recorded separately and not yet linked with the orchestral break on which by the way all the instruments played by Wings except the bass, vanish off the final mix, however, on the Rough Mixes, Wings continue playing, that's the first main difference here and not matching Omega's description). Not that there's a CUT on the tape,very abrupt like on the HMC release, chopping while Wings are playing; that's not a job of Mr Emerick as we have another Rough Mix here (Drink to Me) made also from bits and pieces recorded separately and there are not any of these abrupt cuts, but when we hear the tapes (and verify the length for the track Omega put for this song), its clear that Omega's description is misleading somewhere, maybe their "not yet linked together" as we (and they) know the final version, refers to the orchestra. But, if the winner of this tape is reading this, hope he could verify with an audio sample more than words, to understand more clear this.

The length of this track as released by Omega's official statement (5:20 including tape noise we presume) almost matches the song as heard on both Rough Mixes made by Emerick (The Lagos one -5:21 released by Misterclaudel with 5:19 of the actual track including pre session chat- and the London one (5:15, released at the official 50th Ann edition without any pre-take chat); so, its hard to imagine a "not linked together" version with more space between them and still matching 5:20, but still, one has to doubt of course and each of us hear things differently.
More unreleased to the general public stuff is always welcome from ANY label.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Earare humanum est, sed in errear perseveare diabolicum.
I believe that's Nigerian for: Get aware of psycho-acoustics and forms of cognitive bias.
Therefore on topic, I believe.
THEWALRUS2

Post by THEWALRUS2 »

I was wondering Mike if you could do a comparison of the Band On The Run underdubbed tracks vs the tracks on the Emerick tapes? I enjoy your analysis. Only if you have the time.

Thanks
webvan

Post by webvan »

Yes, while the other auctioned and unleaked tape has stuff that's never been heard before it seems that wtih these two boots there might not be a lot to differentiate them from Underdubbed ?
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

While I have received my Mr Claudel, my HMC seems to have been lost in the mail. Last tracking update April 1st at Tokyo International and no further updates and has not been delivered. Kind of frustrating not knowing status!
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

Not asking for anything, just venting!