WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
iPanggo

WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Post by iPanggo »

Hi everyone.
In 2020, while browsing a torrent site for Beatles material, I had found Purple Chick's A/B Road set.
Back then I was 14 and I didn't know anything about the Get Back Sessions at all, so I downloaded the set and began researching about the sessions and their history.
More than a year later, in late 2021, I joined the forums and the Discord server, and I quickly learned that A/B Road is, infact, not 100% complete, and that a better set, New Blue Soap, was made. So I downloaded that, and I was excited to take a look at it. Unfortunately, I was let down, since the fake stereo treatement destroyed the frequency spectrum, cutting it all above 11khz (which my audiophile ears didn't like).
So I just thought, why don't I make my own set?

I set myself a goal: create the most complete and accurate set, and remaster all of the audio to sound as great as possible.
After collecting sources and finding out stuff, I pieced together the first 4 days of the sessions and uploaded them to YouTube (even though I had done an awful job)
After YouTube took the videos down for copyright, I took a break, and I revisited the project on August 2022. Over the course of almost 3 months, I completed and uploaded all of the Get Back Sessions remastered by me on archive.org and shared them on the forums. However, I compiled the set by doing the bare minimum (no extra audio, no rare sources, not even numbering) and called it a public BETA version, then I wanted to revise everything and create my dream set, with the giant help of a team.

More than a year later, it's finally finished. Get ready for a new listening experience of The Beatles Get Back Sessions as you never have before! After lots of hard work, we present to you:

WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER

Watching Rainbows is the ultimate way to experience The Beatles Get Back Sessions.
Unlike A/B Road or New Blue Soap, this set is 100% complete and 100% chronologically accurate.
Every scrap of audio was sourced from the best source out there and restored to full spectrum high quality.
All of the audio problems, such has humming, noise, glitches, dropouts, clicks and pops, have been removed when possible.
All of the mono pieces of audio were processed with a high quality stereo wider, which gives space, fullness and stereo clarity to the original recordings.
The audio was subdivided using a new numbering system: WR. Replacing the DDSI numbering system, WR is much more precise, unambiguous, and contextually correct.

You'll find 2 versions of the full audio: Normal and No Wider.
The normal version is what's described above, while the No Wider version simply ommits the wider effect, since some people may not like it.
You'll also find the Artwork folder, with covers for each session day and more, a simple text guide on how to burn Watching Rainbows on CDs, and most importantly, a booklet containing technical and historical informations about the audio and the sessions themselves, full source and track listings, and an explanation of the WR numbering system.
It is recommended that you read the booklet before listening to the set.

-LINKS (replace xx with tt)-
COMPLETE SET (Normal Version): hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OL76besNf99r4coEgq2_xCRDHJu-6ezx
COMPLETE SET (No Wider Version): hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s8djo94dxArApey43n4v25JU3Lw3Mv6F
ARTWORK & BOOKLET (extras coming in the future): hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1luHDckxDRauhrtIlz-MS1zpOQ3v2O0DX
(Beware! These links may expire in June due to the Google Drive account disabling itself. I will proceed to update the links as soon as this happens.)

But there's more! We're working on a full day-by-day analysis of the sessions, along the lines of the Doug Sulpy book. Our original plans were to release the set with this analysis included, however, we never finished it in time, as it was extremely time consuming.
The day-by-day analysis, along with a few audio extras and much more, will come out as updates to the set in the future.
We're ready to make history.
~the WR team
Last edited by iPanggo on Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
ted

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (release thread)

Post by ted »

TAAA-DAAAA! :D

Wow....let me be the first to say aloud...

THANK YOU FOR THIS ENORMOUS TREAT!!!

:D
Debbiebootleg

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (release thread)

Post by Debbiebootleg »

After so much work we decided not to wait much more and to let the public listen to the treasure we been working on by a long time.
Derian the imp

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Post by Derian the imp »

I am so glad all our hard work is out!!!
I am the goddesses of Hell Fire!
Boiling

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Post by Boiling »

Thank you ...from farflung Norway!
BeatlesInMyLife

Post by BeatlesInMyLife »

THANK YOU!!!

BIML
Beatles In My Life
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
Thank you so so much for this set, to everyone involved, you've done a remarkable job. Well worth the wait! :D
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Amazing. What a monolithic effort. Thanks to all involved!
Grackleflint

Post by Grackleflint »

Thank you!!
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Amazing! Thanks a lot!