WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
rhino

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Post by rhino »

Thanks very much for this !
cliftdean74

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Post by cliftdean74 »

Lord Reith's new BBC set, Masterjedi's et all Complete Recording Sessions and now your Watching Rainbows project. We are truly in the golden age of Beatles audio anthologies. Official releases could and would never create anything this comprehensive. Thank you for all the effort put into this!
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

First: THANK YOU SO MUCH! Just finishing downloading now, have spot checked a few tracks ;-)

Second: What other versions of this stuff can I now delete?? Raw Nagras, other fan and boot comps, etc.? That's the best part of getting a fresh set!
Last edited by alphabeatles on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
billymartin70

Post by billymartin70 »

WOW! This is HUGE!!!!! I can't thank you enough man, this is priceless.
kvrkjb123

Post by kvrkjb123 »

Thank you for this incredible collection!!
Just an observation however from a non technical audio person, but I happened to notice the Normal edition contains (1598 files 24.7gb) while the No Wider Edition contains (1597 files 17.4gb)? I just assumed they would be the same size. Is it a FLAC compression thing?
Rui

Post by Rui »

alphabeatles wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:24 am First: THANK YOU SO MUCH! Just finishing downloading now, have spot checked a few tracks ;-)

Second: What other versions of this stuff can I now delete?? Raw Nagras, other fan and boot comps, etc.? That's the best part of getting a fresh set!

Third: Can someone please post the booklet elsewhere? This link requires a Google sign-in which I don't care to do...

PS: What does "NO WIDER VERSION" mean? Not wider? Now wider? (I think it means "not wide" because it's mono ;-) )
"No Wider" Version Means That The Plugin "Wider" Wasn't Used To Make A Stereo Effect. It's Just The Nagra's Original Mono With The Multitracks' Stereo Mix. With The Normal Version "Wider" Is Applied To The Nagra Audio To Not Make It Sound Like It's Dead Center To Have Atmosphere And Ambiance. Which Is Very Subtle.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Rui wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 am
alphabeatles wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:24 am First: THANK YOU SO MUCH! Just finishing downloading now, have spot checked a few tracks ;-)

Third: Can someone please post the booklet elsewhere? This link requires a Google sign-in which I don't care to do...

PS: What does "NO WIDER VERSION" mean? Not wider? Now wider? (I think it means "not wide" because it's mono ;-) )
"No Wider" Version Means That The Plugin "Wider" Wasn't Used To Make A Stereo Effect. It's Just The Nagra's Original Mono With The Multitracks' Stereo Mix. With The Normal Version "Wider" Is Applied To The Nagra Audio To Not Make It Sound Like It's Dead Center To Have Atmosphere And Ambiance. Which Is Very Subtle.
There we go, that clears it up! I've read all of the posts over time and I suspect that was mentioned...
steepien

Post by steepien »

Congrats on the release y'all!! I'm honored to have even been a small part of such an historic project :))
this is a serious message! to everybody reading my signature!

i want to tell you to check out my thread! peace and love peace and love <3
viewtopic.php?t=4823
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Hey WR team, congrats on this monumental task.
If I may, A suggestion, and a critique:
Instead of disparaging the great effort of those who came before you, you might instead thank those who devoted so much time and expertise on which you built your incredible efforts. Doug Sulpy and Purple Chick deserve much praise in making sense of the mountain of material that has been gifted to us. I'm hopeful that the notes contain your sources, and that you were able to use cliftdean74's rips for the majority of the set.
And now to the critique. In an effort to determine if all of the hubris in this and several other threads is merited, I downloaded your "no wider" January 2 installment. I'm noticing several instances of the volume being boosted significantly, which is your artistic license of course, but immediately preceding (and often following) these volume (and drastic noise) boosts, the audio goes from mono to a bizarre stereo where it repeats itself and the channels are out-of-sync and echoey. Take for example the end of your track 14 of Jan 2. Comparing with the source material, Day By Day Roll 1A, there is a click, and then then a short quieter passage. In yours, that click happens, then repeats again, and then again a third time, and by different amounts in each channel.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

WOW !!!!! ... An AMAZING project - Can never thank those involved enough for this AWESOME set and sharing it here with us all ......