Yellow Matter Custard / Purple Matter Custard (stereo)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Purple Matter Custard

Post by Lord Reith »

And you always wondered what "PMC" stood for... :lol:

https://tinyurl.com/exp-april-4
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
CharlesHawtrey

Re: Yellow Matter Custard / Purple Matter Custard (stereo)

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm Image

And you always wondered what "PMC" stood for... :lol:

https://tinyurl.com/exp-april-4
Tremendous as always ! But where's the crazy echoed edition? ;)
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Awesome and thank you. This weekend's flight just got better.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

This indeed a purple marvel. Thank you Lord Reith.
Much2Much

Re: Yellow Matter Custard (stereo)

Post by Much2Much »

urasam2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:10 am This album holds a very special place in my collection. I bought the TMOQ record which was on blue vinyl in 1972 at the first Virgin Record shop when it was above a shoe shop in Oxford Street, London - bean bags on the floor, "cans" for your listening pleasure etc. I had no idea where the tracks originated from, as they were claimed to be "previously unreleased studio material". I had never heard of the Pop Goes The Beatles show, despite having been a devoted fan since early 1963. If only...
I treasured the album, it held pride of place in my collection and I'd put it on to amaze guests who came round. I used to dream that one day I might get to hear the recordings in proper studio quality. And now ......here we are!!!
I used to frequent this shop in the 70s too. It always felt strange walking past people trying on a new pair of shiny platform shoes before ascending the stairs to this unusual record shop. My copy of Yellow Matter Custard came from a stall holder in Carnaby Street with record sleeves fixed to the hoarding behind him. Very interesting times.
General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

Missed an opportunity here, Lord Reith. Should have been Violet Matter Custard.

Five more, and the box set could have been Rainbow Matter Custard.

GP
RLester

Post by RLester »

Thankyou, again, Lord!
fab4gear

Re: Yellow Matter Custard (stereo)

Post by fab4gear »

urasam2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:10 am This album holds a very special place in my collection. I bought the TMOQ record which was on blue vinyl in 1972 at the first Virgin Record shop when it was above a shoe shop in Oxford Street, London - bean bags on the floor, "cans" for your listening pleasure etc. I had no idea where the tracks originated from, as they were claimed to be "previously unreleased studio material". I had never heard of the Pop Goes The Beatles show, despite having been a devoted fan since early 1963. If only...
I treasured the album, it held pride of place in my collection and I'd put it on to amaze guests who came round. I used to dream that one day I might get to hear the recordings in proper studio quality. And now ......here we are!!!
That's just jogged my memory as I remember Virgin Records opening a Shop in Newcastle UK in around 1975 & they sold Imports & Bootlegs & that shop was just like that one with the Bean Bags etc.
Later on, maybe at the end of the 70's or in the very early 80's they sold Beatles Bootleg 45's with a 'Union Jack' on the Label in a coloured sleeve & I used to buy a couple when I could afford them every now & again when I went in there.
Can't remember exactly where it was in the City but My Mother had a Pub in the center & it was only a street or two away!
Must have bought a dozen or so of them which will still be up in the attic somewhere.
"In My Life, I've Loved Them All "
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME Share M'Lord - Thank you for rthe PMC too ........
GeorgeD

Post by GeorgeD »

Lord Reith,

I must say I don't usually go for demixes, but these really are truly enjoyable. All your demix work has been tasteful and well done, but for me these have a great sense of history and are just beautiful.

From the bottom of my Beatles collector, musician and producer heart, thank you for the tremendous and generous work you are doing. These words are not sufficient, but thank you for everything.

G