Yellow Matter Custard / Purple Matter Custard (stereo)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
lopez7

Re: Yellow Matter Custard / Purple Matter Custard (stereo)

Post by lopez7 »

Hello.I missed the Yellow Matter Custard.Someone please re-upload it.
Rondordrecht193

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

thank you dear Lord .... what great Easter surprises you gave us!! & a happy Easter to all!!
General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

lopez7 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 pm Hello.I missed the Yellow Matter Custard.Someone please re-upload it.
hxxps://we.tl/t-5aKIJqCNqI

7 days

GP
lopez7

Post by lopez7 »

Thank You :D
dbacon910

Post by dbacon910 »

Thank you LR…another winner.

I’m looking forward to “Green Matter Custard”
(Wink, wink)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. No more custard for the moment though. Maybe for Christmas, with the pudding! :)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Paharishi

Post by Paharishi »

Hi, Lord Reith. I tell you that something caught my attention in the Purple Matter Custard: the stereo version of Sweet Little Sixteen. Thanks to the separation of the vocal track with the twin-track system, in the line “And 'round the Frisco Bay” of the first verse, a notable loss of sound quality is heard that is recovered in the next line. I had not noticed this in the original mono recording because I now understand that in mono the entire sound together hid that deficiency. Interesting details from my humble point of view. However, I believe that with technology this imperfection could be repaired by replacing the defective line with a similar one that appears in the last stanza and that can be heard very well. Greetings.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Paharishi wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:25 am Hi, Lord Reith. I tell you that something caught my attention in the Purple Matter Custard: the stereo version of Sweet Little Sixteen. Thanks to the separation of the vocal track with the twin-track system, in the line “And 'round the Frisco Bay” of the first verse, a notable loss of sound quality is heard that is recovered in the next line. I had not noticed this in the original mono recording because I now understand that in mono the entire sound together hid that deficiency. Interesting details from my humble point of view. However, I believe that with technology this imperfection could be repaired by replacing the defective line with a similar one that appears in the last stanza and that can be heard very well. Greetings.
Well, you have good hearing. That line is replaced with the same bit from the bootleg Beautiful Dreamer because the sound drops out for a few seconds at that spot. It is more noticeable in stereo.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Magnificent!! Thank you.
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

These twin track mixes of these BBC songs are like a miracle. Back in the 70’s all I had of this material was the YMC LP I spent a lot of time trying to improve it with the analog tools available at the time. I put a speed control switch on a tape deck, as this was before they were on turntables, and bought the best equalizer I could find, a Sound Shaper 3. None of this can match what you use today. The results are amazing.