General Pepper's Friday Vintage Beatleg Emporium

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
General Pepper

General Pepper's Friday Vintage Beatleg Emporium

Post by General Pepper »

Good morning,

I don't know about you, but I miss Peter's Beatleg Fridays. I occasionally grabbed some stuff, but most likely didn't add my thanks often enough. Peter, thank you!

I recently was able to retrieve my Beatleg CD artwork from storage (the discs were in folders), and so in the spirit of Peter's Beatleg Fridays, I am commencing my own regular uploads on that same weekday.

Way back in the 90s, when I was a mere Sergeant and deployed overseas, I resided near several excellent purveyors of obscure discs and purchased many. Then, when I returned home, I traded - the old way, by sending CDRs through the mail. These days, I mostly get my discs from this fine forum.

And so I plan to upload what I am able to share - mostly older, vintage discs. Some obscure, some simply forgotten. Some, I am sure, you will never have seen before.

I will include artwork as appropriate, and any information I feel relevant. I will clarify whether I ripped these from silvers or CDRs

I make no apologies for these. Most have been superseded and upgraded many times. These uploads are for the nostalgics, the completists, and even the masochists.

Anyway, enough of the verbosity.

GP.
Last edited by General Pepper on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
General Pepper

Re: General Pepper's Vintage Beatleg Emporium

Post by General Pepper »

4/4 UPDATED - links valid to 11/4

To start with, here's Past Masters 3 to 6. I purchased these over the period of a few months from different shops. The front inlays were reversed, so the image on the left of the front artwork is the one I have always associated with them. The artwork is glossy, on thickish cardboard. I have no other information on them.

Enjoy,

GP.

hxxps://we.tl/t-CcYR6E99cU

hxxps://we.tl/t-r3g1wSLtfm

hxxps://we.tl/t-a0dzjDi2q5

hxxps://we.tl/t-EoPlIKPX4v
Last edited by General Pepper on Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Great share - thanks, GP.

I also started trading way back in the late 80's/early 90's. At first sourcing discs from an obscure shop in my hometown and then traveling to NYC to go to the old Revolver/Revolution, Generation and others that are long gone.

In the mid 90's I picked up one of the first cd burners (cost well over $500 at the time) and started trading cd-r's via the old newsgroups, and some of the original trading sites.

Like GP, I amassed a huge collection of both original silvers and cd-r's over the years. Unfortunately, I was one of the people that affixed the sticky cd labels to almost all of my cd-r's, and now most of them have been rendered unplayable. But luckily, most of them have been found online, through requests from former trading partners, or they have been supplanted by superior sources elsewhere.

I also try to help out where I can, but many times the request has already been served by the fine people in this forum. But luckily, I do get a chance to pay back from time to time.

Thanks again to GP and everyone that shares things here.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Very nice :) Thanks !
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME shares GP - Thank you SO MUCH ......
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Thank you G. Pepper for the great contribution and also for the intention of restoring the "Fridays".
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

GP,
A million thanks for this great idea of taking the torch !!

I miss too Beatleg Friday uploads.

My roots dig too in the good old days of trading cdr's with people all over the world (btw, I've met some of them in this great forum, after more than 20 years !!).

Thank you very much !!!
D-listener

Post by D-listener »

Thank you General for sharing!
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »