General Pepper's Friday Vintage Beatleg Emporium

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Amoos Bouche

Re: General Pepper's Friday Vintage Beatleg Emporium

Post by Amoos Bouche »

Amoos Bouche wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:25 pm
Thanks GP. I will check these out.

I found it amusing that the photo on the cover of Beatles at the Beeb is from Mathew Street Liverpool, and is on the wall opposite the site where the Cavern used to be. The doorway bottom right of the picture was the entrance to Erics night club. In the 70's and early 80's it was the best music venue in Liverpool. The list of who performed there is legendry. Sadly it was closed by the police which resulted in massive protests. Sadly when it reopened under new management it soon bombed.

I am friends with Jackie Fox of The Runaways and she told me they played there 1977 tour UK she said it was a wild place then...

WOA76. Back in the 70's Mathew Street was still sleezy and the amosphere ssa still the same as in the days of the Cavern. At that time the cavern was a vacant lot across the road. Now it is all gentrified and a tiurist trap. At least Erics got a blue plaque to honour it's name.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME Share GP - Thank you for the "midweek treat" .....
GP10Ellison

Post by GP10Ellison »

thanks for this treasure trove. Looking forward to seeing what other goodies you share.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you General Pepper for the midweek bonus.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Amoos Bouche wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm Amoos Bouche wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:25 pm
Thanks GP. I will check these out.

I found it amusing that the photo on the cover of Beatles at the Beeb is from Mathew Street Liverpool, and is on the wall opposite the site where the Cavern used to be. The doorway bottom right of the picture was the entrance to Erics night club. In the 70's and early 80's it was the best music venue in Liverpool. The list of who performed there is legendry. Sadly it was closed by the police which resulted in massive protests. Sadly when it reopened under new management it soon bombed.

I am friends with Jackie Fox of The Runaways and she told me they played there 1977 tour UK she said it was a wild place then...

WOA76. Back in the 70's Mathew Street was still sleezy and the amosphere ssa still the same as in the days of the Cavern. At that time the cavern was a vacant lot across the road. Now it is all gentrified and a tiurist trap. At least Erics got a blue plaque to honour it's name.
not sure what was in 2010 but got a photo outside the doors my buddy didn't understand why doing it so told history he said oh I didn't know that
Chris
General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

Another Friday. Each day just goes so fast.

This week the Emporium shares the Off White series.

I believe Volume 1 was a Japanese issue. A bit of a strange one, and this disc was the first time I heard some of these tracks. Still unsure why they decided to insert sound effects between tracks.

Enjoy,

GP

New link valid to 29 April

hxxps://we.tl/t-yOKc3vlgrT
Last edited by General Pepper on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

Off White Volume 2.

On the Red Phantom label, which I understand was Italian. Not connected to the original release, except in name.

Enjoy,

GP

hxxps://we.tl/t-gkuk57wonA
Last edited by General Pepper on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

Off White Volume 3.

Another addition to the series, again from Red Phantom. Includes a couple of tracks which were, in the early days, mis-attributed to the Beatles, either honestly or fraudulently.

Enjoy,

GP

hxxps://we.tl/t-wdhyXXsPXQ
Last edited by General Pepper on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

I spent $70 1993 dollars on Vol. 2 and 3 at a record show. Don't think I've played either twice. But they're nice for completists. Thanks for posting.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

thanks for your generosity