Harry And His Court Jesters: The Music Video

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
silver_2000

Re: Harry And His Court Jesters: The Music Video

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 pm Wow, can't wait to watch the full colourised vid. Glad to see it's not one of those ghastly AI colorisations.

was in the middle of working on it as your remix came out.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

silver_2000 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:10 pm was in the middle of working on it as your remix came out.
That was cool, thanks! :)

Sound is a bit ahead of the picture though. Maybe 2 or 3 frames.
harrylime wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:05 pmAnother example is the '75 show Survivors (interestingly a kind of foreboding of Covid-19), where they underestimated the downsides of outdoor video recording, especially in low lighting, resulting in the first part being of disappointing quality until they upgraded their equipment.
I love that series! When the pandemic broke I thought "I am living out Survivors". Fortunately ours was not nearly as bad as theirs, but all the same it was incredibly prescient.
Lemonhead wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm It's interesting how often Dr Who crops up on this forum, and equally interesting how often the Beatles crop up in Miles and Wood's Dr Who books.
Well I think there's some crossover yes. It was the only other British cultural phenomenon that outlasted the Sixties. And besides I think most of us who like The Beatles are also prone to liking The Monkees, Star Trek, The Three Stooges and all the other relics of the past that refused to die. I always felt I was born a generation too late. I had nothing in common with most of my peers, everything I found cool was from 10 or 20 years before.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:38 pm
silver_2000 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:10 pm was in the middle of working on it as your remix came out.
That was cool, thanks! :)

Sound is a bit ahead of the picture though. Maybe 2 or 3 frames.
harrylime wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:05 pmAnother example is the '75 show Survivors (interestingly a kind of foreboding of Covid-19), where they underestimated the downsides of outdoor video recording, especially in low lighting, resulting in the first part being of disappointing quality until they upgraded their equipment.
I love that series! When the pandemic broke I thought "I am living out Survivors". Fortunately ours was not nearly as bad as theirs, but all the same it was incredibly prescient.
Lemonhead wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm It's interesting how often Dr Who crops up on this forum, and equally interesting how often the Beatles crop up in Miles and Wood's Dr Who books.
Well I think there's some crossover yes. It was the only other British cultural phenomenon that outlasted the Sixties. And besides I think most of us who like The Beatles are also prone to liking The Monkees, Star Trek, The Three Stooges and all the other relics of the past that refused to die. I always felt I was born a generation too late. I had nothing in common with most of my peers, everything I found cool was from 10 or 20 years before.
Not always the best at syncing video to audio, my bad.

question for you, regarding Drop In. Have you heard the official apple remix of 'She Loves You' performance on Drop In, it was included on 1+, what is your opinion of this remix? Thanks!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

silver_2000 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:49 pm question for you, regarding Drop In. Have you heard the official apple remix of 'She Loves You' performance on Drop In, it was included on 1+, what is your opinion of this remix? Thanks!
I don't remember it at all but it was pre-demixing so they probably just added some stereo reverb.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rick

Post by Rick »

I took a stab at seeing if could improve the video quality using the usual enhancement tools of the day. Some parts I like a lot, and others... I'd love to have endless time to tweak and retweak and re-retweak to make them look great. But, then again, that's everything, right? If you're interested, feel free a have a look (until the links expire on March 29)

https://tinyurl.com/royalcommandment

https://tinyurl.com/2ndroyalcommandment <--- with boosted contrast

Thanks again to Lord Reith for the goods!

Rick
Last edited by Rick on Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Rick wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:12 am I took a stab at seeing if could improve the video quality using the usual enhancement tools of the day. Some parts I like a lot, and others... I'd love to have endless time to tweak and retweak and re-retweak to make them look great. But, then again, that's everything, right? If you're interested, feel free a have a look (until the link expires on March 29)

https://tinyurl.com/royalcommandment

Thanks again to Lord Reith for the goods!

Rick
Not bad at all, I think its a tad too "soft" but still would rather watch then then the average source.
Rick

Post by Rick »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:28 am
Not bad at all, I think its a tad too "soft" but still would rather watch then then the average source.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you. I posted a 2nd version on my above post with boosted contrast. Perhaps it helped a little.

Rick
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

All so very very cool--thanks, guys, very much!!!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME stuff rick - Thank you ........
Kando

Post by Kando »

Just watched the high contrast version. Really nice. This performance is a treat to watch and listen to. Absolutely great work by all of you folks on this. Thank you.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"