Harry And His Court Jesters

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Pattie

Re: Harry And His Court Jesters

Post by Pattie »

Amazing sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many, many thanks ;)
Tell Me What You See 8-)
BroastedChicken

Post by BroastedChicken »

This is HUGE.
I have always thought this particular performance of "Twist And Shout" is not just the best performance of that particular song by The Beatles, but may very well be the best performance the band ever gave of ANY song for radio or television. To have it in upgraded quality is a dream come true.
BroastedChicken

Post by BroastedChicken »

BroastedChicken wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:48 pm This is HUGE.
I have always thought this particular performance of "Twist And Shout" is not just the best performance of that particular song by The Beatles, but may very well be the best performance the band ever gave of ANY song for radio or television. To have it in upgraded quality is a dream come true.
Shoot. I just realized this is NOT the performance I was thinking it was. I was somehow thinking it was the raucous Royal Albert Hall performance. But hey, this still represents a great upgrade of a truly historic performance.
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Thank you very much for sharing with us, Lord.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ruedabeat wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 pm Another Beatlefan risking their life by connecting their TV to the recorder. Shocks, Shocks, Shocks!!!

Another Disc by "Shock Records". Thanks a lot to the viewer and LR of course. 8-)

PS. It just reminds me of a few guys that I used to know who lived in front of the TV, recording everything related to the Fab Four, just to finally end the day sitting on the tapes. God bless the recorder machines. :ugeek:
I was a bit of a mad scientist as a boy and would pull many things apart but I never would have pulled the back off a tv set! Even I wasn't that reckless. That big lightning bolt symbol on the back was there for a reason! :lol: A TV set is quite capable of killing you even when it's unplugged from the wall, as I suspect a lot of unfortunate do-it-yourselfers discovered too late.

I used to dangle a mic from the volume knob and tell everyone to shut up for an hour. When we upgraded our tv it had an earphone socket and I quickly figured out how to plug the tv into our crappy mono cassette recorder. I'm not sure if tvs had earphone sockets in those days but I suppose some might have. Before we had a vcr i used to record the audio from movies I liked and try like mad to remember the pictures. :lol: I still have Dr No on cassette, and I still remember all the visuals of the movie even though I haven't seen it in 40 years.
BroastedChicken wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 pm Shoot. I just realized this is NOT the performance I was thinking it was. I was somehow thinking it was the raucous Royal Albert Hall performance. But hey, this still represents a great upgrade of a truly historic performance.
Well that one is on Harry and His Box set Vol.1 and sounds pretty good.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Tex

Post by Tex »

I ran "Twist and Shout" through my DAW's tape restore fiendish thingy which synthesizes upper frequencies and got this result. :shock: I used the default level of 10 which is too much really. Normally I just use 3 to add some sparkle (harmonics) to final mixes.

hxxps://we.tl/t-BXHBMBjdbn

Someone could also tweak the speaking parts. Here's John's intro to T&S a quickie enhance and "stereoized" (not perfect, too scrubbed).
hxxps://we.tl/t-z6CvTCqXQR

I'm just testing my software and the algorithms to see what they can do.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME shares Tex - Thank you ....
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

Thank you Lord, and to the generous member too!!
amazing share :D :D :D
IFeelFine

Post by IFeelFine »

BroastedChicken wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:48 pm This is HUGE.
I prefer the way John performed the song between around November 1963 and June 1964 when he elongated the "Come on and work it on ou, ou, out" in the third verse.
I especially like the NME Poll Winners version for its excitement and energy.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

quigatolah wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 pm
Spaniard in da Works wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:39 pm This is AWESOME!

(Speaking of videotape. I think I remember, from way back in my college A&V course, that at some point they devised a way to use VCRs as digital audio recorders since the larger and faster speed gave better quality than cassettes)
I don't know if it is true or not, but a VCR repairman told me 30 some-odd years ago that the audio portion of VCR recordings was digital.
If true, if an old VCR recording is still playable, you wouldn't have to worry about degradation.
That would have been something as then we would have digital copies of the Ron Furmanek remixes. But sadly that isn’t the case, however they are in hi-fi quality though, near that of CD (assuming we’re talking VHS stereo, not its original mono format). Maybe that’s what the repair man confused it with, or the use of entire tapes (including the video part) for dedicated audio recording, which was possible on some proprietary designs. However the more common format of that use case was 4 track analogue, not digital. CD masters were distributed (digitally) on tape too, but that was on U-matic, not a home video format.
Last edited by harrylime on Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.