Harry And His Court Jesters

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Phil_Lip

Re: Harry And His Court Jesters

Post by Phil_Lip »

Great to see the river still flowing. Many thanks to both Lord Reith and the generous donor for their altruism.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you very much !
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

WoW!! Fabtastic - thank you
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thankyou everybody.

I have also made a video and will share it tomorrow.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

In audacity, I think you actually have to dither it first when exporting to mono, import that again, duplicate the track, turn dithering off, export again.
Joker

Post by Joker »

Thank you very much. This is really great.
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

Spaniard in da Works wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:39 pm This is AWESOME!

(Speaking of videotape. I think I remember, from way back in my college A&V course, that at some point they devised a way to use VCRs as digital audio recorders since the larger tape and faster speed gave better quality than cassettes)
I don't know if it is true or not, but a VCR repairman told me 30 some-odd years ago that the audio portion of VCR recordings was digital.
If true, if an old VCR recording is still playable, you wouldn't have to worry about degradation.
maccafan1

Post by maccafan1 »

Thanks very much

re the VCR debate, I recorded a lot to HiFi VCR and few years ago now put them to DVD and the sound is same but picture slighly better
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

Thank you, Sir Lord Reith... It's amazing how many new sources have been coming to light recently :shock:
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:58 am Image

Thanks to the generosity of another of our members, we present to you this newly-discovered audio upgrade of the Royal Command Performance! :D

Back on November 4th 1963, ITV screened the show from the original videotape recording. Video gives excellent sound quality, being virtually an overblown tape recorder in itself.

For overseas broadcast, the video was also transferred to film. This is the version that has survived down the years, but film sound is very lossy and poor quality in comparison to the original audio.

Luckily, the original broadcast was captured by a viewer via a direct line output into their tape recorder. This excellent recording preserves the full frequency and dynamic range of the performance, and it is a revelation! To demonstrate this I have included a demo of Twist And Shout where I switch back and forth between the old and new source. No need to tell you which is which - the difference is huge! :)

The BBC also broadcast highlights from teh show on radio, but whether they did their own mix or used this one remains a mystery. So you can sort of think of this as a cousin to Harry And His Box. And I'm sure our late Queen would have approved.

Also included is an introduction from Harry Secombe. Enjoy!

What have I forgotten... oh yes, the link! :lol:

https://tinyurl.com/exp-march-25
Amazing!!! :shock:

Another Beatlefan risking their life by connecting their TV to the recorder. Shocks, Shocks, Shocks!!!

Another Disc by "Shock Records". Thanks a lot to the viewer and LR of course. 8-)

PS. It just reminds me of a few guys that I used to know who lived in front of the TV, recording everything related to the Fab Four, just to finally end the day sitting on the tapes. God bless the recorder machines. :ugeek:

PS.PS. By Royal LR Command.