Coming soon from Misterclaudel

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Rickenbacker325

Re: Coming soon from Misterclaudel

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Fast lucky wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:55 am
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:58 am
BrianHodkin21 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:47 pm I received mine this morning.
I haven't listended to much yet but am currently listening to "Girl's School Take 1" from disc 2. It is indeed thankfully authentic but unfortunately the quality doesn't seem as good as the snippet. But it's an amazing take so the quality doesn't really bother me.
I'll update again when I hear more of the set.
Mine arrived as well…and I’ll say this…it seems like the recent “Underdubbed” official release was done in response to this stuff floating around…hearing a bunch of similarities…Let Me Roll it and 1985 to name two..
There are similarities of course between the Lagos and Underdubbed tapes, given that there are about 3 weeks time between the two, including a return from Africa, but 1985 definitely not since it was recorded in England.
Try A/B’ing 1985 from both releases… it sounds very much like the one that was just released
Golem

Post by Golem »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:42 am
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:58 am

Mine arrived as well…and I’ll say this…it seems like the recent “Underdubbed” official release was done in response to this stuff floating around…hearing a bunch of similarities…Let Me Roll it and 1985 to name two..
There are similarities of course between the Lagos and Underdubbed tapes, given that there are about 3 weeks time between the two, including a return from Africa, but 1985 definitely not since it was recorded in England.
Try A/B’ing 1985 from both releases… it sounds very much like the one that was just released
There isn't a version of 1985 from lagos on the boot, it wasn't recorded in Lagos, tracks 10-18 are just the official tracks, its 1-9 that are unique
Rickenbacker325

Golem wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:52 am
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:42 am

There isn't a version of 1985 from lagos on the boot, it wasn't recorded in Lagos, tracks 10-18 are just the official tracks, its 1-9 that are unique
Yes, I am aware of this…I am just drawing attention to the similarities between the two releases
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

is it wrong to ask for HQ copies of artwork to read what is on from both these sets ?
Chris
unbelievable

Post by unbelievable »

For me, the HMC clearly beats the Misterclaudel. The Misterclaudel's only big plus is 'Girls School #1', which we might probably see on future Geoff Emerick tapes bootlegs. But otherwise it sounds like they've just used some of the new AI apps out there, with which you can easily separate stuff and bring out certain stuff to give the impression that this is an upgrade of a demo we already had. That being said, the Geoff Emerick tapes are great and I prefer them to the official Underdubbed release, since these are more bare-bones and thus insightful. It might the most interesting McCartney bootleg release since the days of Unsurpassed Masters on Strawberry in 1994/1995.
Rickenbacker325

WOA76 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:26 pm is it wrong to ask for HQ copies of artwork to read what is on from both these sets ?
I believe you can find it on the first page of this thread..at least the Misterclaudel release…HMC is in here somewhere as well

viewtopic.php?t=8907&hilit=HMC
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

unbelievable wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:22 pm For me, the HMC clearly beats the Misterclaudel. The Misterclaudel's only big plus is 'Girls School #1', which we might probably see on future Geoff Emerick tapes bootlegs. But otherwise it sounds like they've just used some of the new AI apps out there, with which you can easily separate stuff and bring out certain stuff to give the impression that this is an upgrade of a demo we already had. That being said, the Geoff Emerick tapes are great and I prefer them to the official Underdubbed release, since these are more bare-bones and thus insightful. It might the most interesting McCartney bootleg release since the days of Unsurpassed Masters on Strawberry in 1994/1995.
You don´t explain why the HMC beats the MCC when you agree that they bring one extra that might come later on HMC...
Golem

Post by Golem »

Fast lucky wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:20 pm
unbelievable wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:22 pm For me, the HMC clearly beats the Misterclaudel. The Misterclaudel's only big plus is 'Girls School #1', which we might probably see on future Geoff Emerick tapes bootlegs. But otherwise it sounds like they've just used some of the new AI apps out there, with which you can easily separate stuff and bring out certain stuff to give the impression that this is an upgrade of a demo we already had. That being said, the Geoff Emerick tapes are great and I prefer them to the official Underdubbed release, since these are more bare-bones and thus insightful. It might the most interesting McCartney bootleg release since the days of Unsurpassed Masters on Strawberry in 1994/1995.
You don´t explain why the HMC beats the MCC when you agree that they bring one extra that might come later on HMC...
I suppose it depends what you're looking for in a set, assuming you'll just download girl's school anyway HMC is more coherent and well put together. It makes sense to package the content that way, it all fits the time period and I don't think many of the bootlegs have included some of the tapes on CD2 (even though they aren't necessarily new).

MCCD is more of a compilation of assorted outtakes without theme, and includes mostly stuff trying to pass off as real. If you enjoy the outfakes though (as some have said they do), or really ONLY care about the sheer amount of unbootlegged material, then maybe MCCD is the way to go for you, and it also has 3CDs instead of 2CDs if thats important to you. Overall though I think HMC is better more well put together set, its def the one I'll be adding to my streaming, and its the one I would buy, but I could see the argument for both. (also if you're just buying to support the label then I'd def go for HMC, since they're much more consistent in quality and unreleased material.)
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

Fast lucky wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:20 pm
misterclaudel :
+ The Lagos mixes from auctioned Emerick tapes
+ 'Girls' School - Take 1' ('Girls' School #1'), which has been circulating amongst collectors for months
- Isolate 5.1/ATMOS channels and do poor spectral /AI isolation tools to release them as genuine 'rare mixes'/'updates' (ex: 'With A Little Luck #1' is the exact same source heard in the old Mistral "London Town Roughs & Demos" CD, they perfectly synch, but the vocal track is uplifted, which also uplifts white noise each time the vocals come in) (note : this point applies to all of their sets)
- Poorly name / organize their tracks (#1 #2 #3 doesn't indicate anything) (note : this point applies to all of their sets)

HMC :
+ the Lagos mixes from auctioned Emerick tapes
+ the Emerick sound effects tape
+ a set well organized around an actual theme (here, the "Band On The Run" era)
- uses fake mixes... from a previous misterclaudel set (the "Alternate Mix" of 'The Man Who Found God on the Moon' and "Rough Mix" of 'Band on the Run' being sourced from misterclaudel's 2023 "Studio Rarities Volume 4" (MCCD 756-757)
- The 'Instrumental' versions of 'Bluebird', '1985' and 'Picasso's Last Words' were made with spectral / AI tools with mixed results, while 'Jet', 'Helen Wheels', 'Band on the Run' and 'Let Me Roll It' were made with Rock Band 3 MOGG files

For me, HMC wins, and very likely their second "Unsurpassed" volume will include "Girls' School - Take 1", making claudel's set totally obselete, and likely many more incredible unheard stuff !
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
cb70

Post by cb70 »

CharlesHawtrey wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:53 pm misterclaudel :
+ 'Girls' School - Take 1' ('Girls' School #1'), which has been circulating amongst collectors for months
MCCD did some audio manipulation with this one as well so it's not the true version from the Trevor tape that has been going around for a while.