Coming soon from Misterclaudel

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Rickenbacker325

Re: Coming soon from Misterclaudel

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Joel Nohn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:07 pm
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:32 am
Joel Nohn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:27 am

From memory, Patrick, there was a BOTR release that MC were suggesting were all different mixes but just ended up being oopsed tracks, same with a David Bowie ‘Low’ outtakes collection which was nothing like.

I’m not saying that the HMC stable aren’t guilty either (Candlestick Park, anyone?) but they have a proven better introductory track record.
What did HMC do with/to Candlestick Park?? I don’t have that one…
They released the ‘complete’ tape. As we know Tony Barrows cuts off at the end of ‘Long Tall Sally’ on HMCs release, it was suplemented (sp) with a BBC session - and it wasn’t done with due care either!
Didn’t know that…thanks for the info
mikec

Post by mikec »

Well,on the HMC (and sister labels like Pear, Copy Cat etc) side to name a few (but also acknowledging all the great stuff they have giving us for decades!): BBC tracks that for them were "upgrades from uncirculated sources", were taken from the official Live at the BBC Vol. 2 set, Lennon "upgrades" taken directly from all official Lennon sets increasing only the volume of the tracks (ie Anthology and Acoustic), "stereo" tracks that were fake (fan-created) like Lennon demos and Wings 75 rehearsals, fake Beatle videos from 1969/70 created by fans and uploaded on sites like Vimeo, Youtube (before they were pulled off) and Dailymotion advertised by HMC as "official music videos" or "alternate edits" etc, an "uncirculated" Wings concert from 1975 which turned out to be the very same "Wings Over Australia" materials circulated for decades, and the list could go on and on and on. On the MC side, yeah that Band oopsed release was not good, fake "basic tracks" and the list could also go on and on but I rather have Atmos tracks with never-heard before sounds or vocals or reconstructions of sessions like matserjedi and others are doing (even when we know some are not real but fan-created outtakes), than "uncirculated Lennon demos in stereo" (as they were advertised to increase sales), that were nothing but amateurish stereo mixes made in the early stages of AI.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Joel Nohn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:51 am
Fast lucky wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:54 pm
Joel Nohn wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:00 pm I don’t want to be that guy, but here we are. After Misterclaudels previous embellishment of the truth, I’d be sceptical of what they offer.

That said, if HMC see fit to put their material over two gazettes, maybe there is some quantity to MCs release. I await with interest to see what they have.
And you will see that HMC will be very poor value compared to Misterclaudel.
In what way, sorry? Maybe a paucity of material from HMCs side if they haven’t been able to purchase all the material but MC have always been bewilderingly expensive. Especially as HMC usually seemed to come up with more new material.
Just to be factual, the HMC is a 2 CD set and have 1 CD of new material, when Misterclaudel is a 3 CD set with 3 CDs of new material. Not too complicated it seems to me.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:39 pm
20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:14 pm Interesting, indeed. Being that Misterclaudel contains apparently new tracks apparently not on the HMC, my guess is that someone has sold the same trove of tapes to both labels.
Yes, for sure. Why sell something once when you can do so twice? It's Ultra Rare Trax vs Unsurpassed Masters all over again!
Back-Tracks also that were 1st heard tapes in late 80s and early 90s a guy at one record shop went to in Toronto copy to Maxell tapes for I still got tapes and been able to find 1 cd so far
Chris
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

Fast lucky wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:50 pm
Joel Nohn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:51 am
Fast lucky wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:54 pm
And you will see that HMC will be very poor value compared to Misterclaudel.
In what way, sorry? Maybe a paucity of material from HMCs side if they haven’t been able to purchase all the material but MC have always been bewilderingly expensive. Especially as HMC usually seemed to come up with more new material.
Just to be factual, the HMC is a 2 CD set and have 1 CD of new material, when Misterclaudel is a 3 CD set with 3 CDs of new material. Not too complicated it seems to me.
But are you sure that the extra disks from MC are new material and how much are you paying for them? In the factual sence, MC charge much more than the going rate in my eyes.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Joel Nohn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:20 pm But are you sure that the extra disks from MC are new material and how much are you paying for them? In the factual sence, MC charge much more than the going rate in my eyes.
a) Both labels (and every other boot label, for that matter) have a history of blatantly padding their sets with retreads and self-created remixes and demixes. Without actually having the disks, it's hard to definitively judge which offers the most new material. It's also possible that some of what seems superfluous might represent upgrades. For example, I'm hopeful that HMC's Dustin Hoffman tape might be an upgrade from what we had 9 years ago on Misterclaudel's ALONE TOGETHER Vol. 1

b) Remember the Barrett Tapes? Three or four different labels put out multiple different boots sourced from those tapes. Whoever sold these tapes to the boot labels was pretty clever. Not only did they sell the tapes to different parties (who may not have known other labels would also release the material), but they managed to sell slightly different packages to each label. Label X had a track or two that Label Y didn't have. And label Z had tracks that others didn't. While Label Y 's tracksmight be more "complete" with post/pre-song chatter or noodling. The sound quality also varied. For some material, the Strawberry releases were better than the Roaring Mouse, while for other tracks the Vigotone release might've sounded better.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is happening here. That if we want to have the best sounding version of each track in this trove, we're going to need all the Misterclaudel and HMC releases.

c) HMC never released a Candlestick Park set. Honest. So whoever's blaming HMC for a patched-up "Long Tall Sally" needs to direct his venom elsewhere.
EDIT: I STAND CORRECTED. OOPS... SEE BELOW

d) Judging by the "Volume 1" labeling on both upcoming sets, MC and HMC will be issuing multiple sets drawn from this material. This could get expensive. But also though...strictly judging by the track listings and Omega Auction House descriptions of this material, my hunch is that we'll be very happy with the majority of these releases.

e) Which brings me to the expenses... So far, I've identified separate dealers who are taking pre-sale orders for these sets. [Please-- do your own f*cking research on this. IE please don't PM me for dealer leads]. The guy taking HMC orders is asking $50 US for their 2-CD Volume 1 set. The guy taking pre-orders for the Misterclaudel 3-CD Volume 1 set is asking 6500 yen (about $44 US). Obviously, these won't be the only dealers stocking these items, but on the surface it appears that the Misterclaudels will be competitively priced.
Last edited by 20YearsAgo on Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:41 pm c) HMC never released a Candlestick Park set. Honest. So whoever's blaming HMC for a patched-up "Long Tall Sally" needs to direct his venom elsewhere.
Actually they released it on this bootleg in 2010.

20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:43 pm
20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:41 pm c) HMC never released a Candlestick Park set. Honest. So whoever's blaming HMC for a patched-up "Long Tall Sally" needs to direct his venom elsewhere.

Well.. I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing this out in a very gracious way. :)
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:47 pm
Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:43 pm

Well.. I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing this out in a very gracious way. :)
Thanks for your well written response, 20YearsAgo. You brought up a lot of good points - And I agree with you. I think my point was missed and maybe I missed someone else’s point in translation but, live and let live, eh?

YellowSubmarine, thanks for your research. I knew I was right! :D
Golem

Post by Golem »

here's my attempt to break it down (I didn't do the 3rd disc), and looking at it like this it doesn't seem as impressive, it really has 3-4 tracks over HMCs boot (that we know for sure are new)