Coming soon from Misterclaudel

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Rupert Pupkin

Re: Coming soon from Misterclaudel

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

great work!
so in the red letters that would be on the upcoming His Master's Choice ?
I have listened to the audio snipped of "No Words" from the auctioned tape; this early instrumental take is really great;
I thought it would be on the HMC.
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:09 am great work!
I have listened to the audio snipped of "No Words" from the auctioned tape; this early instrumental take is really great;
I THINK that the ‘No Words’ in red is different to the one on the HMC and may be an outtake. Let Me Roll It doesn’t seem to appear on the HMC release as their flyer doesn’t mention an instrumental until later in the disk - though that might be the same take just differently placed.
mikec

Post by mikec »

Joel Nohn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:19 pm
I THINK that the ‘No Words’ in red is different to the one on the HMC and may be an outtake. Let Me Roll It doesn’t seem to appear on the HMC release as their flyer doesn’t mention an instrumental until later in the disk - though that might be the same take just differently placed.
It seems (but I prefer to wait until I get mine to confirm this 100%), tracks 8-14 on HMC are instrumental fan-made mixes possibly taken from Dap's Band on the Run AI release before the Atmos mixes were released. CD 2 all already on Bootlegs (with tracks taken from Misterclaudel by the way) and Youtube. So, the only new tracks will be the Emerick tapes on the HMC side.
Last edited by mikec on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikec

Post by mikec »

Golem wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:29 pm here's my attempt to break it down (I didn't do the 3rd disc), and looking at it like this it doesn't seem as impressive, it really has 3-4 tracks over HMCs boot (that we know for sure are new)
By simply verifying before, the info at the Omega official web page Lot 284 you will read that Emerick's Lagos tapes contains two instrumentals : "No Words" and "Let Me Roll it".
If you see the art released by Misterclaudel or the track list, tracks 1-8 comes from Emerick's reel tape R243A (while track 9 comes from R243B along with the Bolan session that is not related to Paul or Wings and I think for that reason omitted from both HMC and MC), so highly unlikely that tracks 7-8 are Atmos mixes or Isolations as you made the wild guess; or ALL "Lagos" tapes from Misterclaudel are isolations/Atmos or all are the real deal, simple as that I think.

Also, if you do an A-B between the track list from HMC and MC only with the Lagos tapes, there's something interesting.HMC has listed "No Words" after (track 6 on their release), and "Let Me Roll it" first (track 5 on theirs); while the MC release has the running order exactly as OMEGA put on auction this tape ("Let me Roll it" comes after "No Words"), so it seems each label shares the Lagos tape but with slightly differences, one of the two has the tape in correct order and maybe little bit longer.
Last edited by mikec on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

mikec wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:26 pm
Joel Nohn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:19 pm
It seems (but I prefer to wait until I get mine to confirm this 100%), tracks 8-14 on HMC are fan-made mixes possibly taken from Dap's Band on the Run AI release before the Atmos mixes were released. CD 2 all already on Bootlegs (with tracks taken from Misterclaudel by the way) and Youtube. So, the only new tracks will be the Emerick tapes on the HMC side.
Thanks Mike,
We’re all supposing, I guess we’ll hear when the two sets are finally in hand. Appreciate you going through with a fine tooth comb.
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

thanks much
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
Fungomatto03

Post by Fungomatto03 »

thanks
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

My Misterclaudel set just arrived! I'm playing disc 1 right now. Only a couple of tracks into my listen, but those tracks are fantastic and undoubtedly sourced from those Emerick tapes that were auctioned last year.

Note: please don't ask me to share this just yet. I want to give Misterclaudel-- and HMC-- a good period of time to recoup their investments into this material! Hopefully, this can incentivize both labels to go out and acquire more material for future releases.

And speaking of HMC, they're out in the wild, too! Someone posted a pic on Facebook of the set that arrived in the mail for him today.
Ere866

Post by Ere866 »

Looking forward to this! Just have to be a little patienced :)