Coming soon from Misterclaudel

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
CharlesHawtrey

Re: Coming soon from Misterclaudel

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

It really feels like the 90's again these days ! Unheard recordings coming out on bootlegs, a new Beatles song based on a Lennon demo tape, new Macca & Ringo albums on the way, an expanded edition of Band on the Run... :)
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
Anton

Post by Anton »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm My Misterclaudel set just arrived! I'm playing disc 1 right now. Only a couple of tracks into my listen, but those tracks are fantastic and undoubtedly sourced from those Emerick tapes that were auctioned last year.

Note: please don't ask me to share this just yet. I want to give Misterclaudel-- and HMC-- a good period of time to recoup their investments into this material! Hopefully, this can incentivize both labels to go out and acquire more material for future releases.

And speaking of HMC, they're out in the wild, too! Someone posted a pic on Facebook of the set that arrived in the mail for him today.
Hi where did you get the Cds?. Can you share the web where you buy it?
thanks
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

Though the takes aren’t always wildly different, they are very interesting.

I’m around half way through the first HMC disk and it’s very cool to hear these early takes and instrumentals. The tracklisting is a bit skewed on the liner notes but appears to be correct on the outer covers.
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

Can someone confirm No Words is a full length version? :)
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

CharlesHawtrey wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:37 pm Can someone confirm No Words is a full length version? :)
The Misterclaudel set contains two "No Words" instrumentals which no doubt are from those auctioned Emerick tapes.
No Words #1 is a false starts that lasts 0:14
No Words #2 is a much longer that fades at the end. It lasts 4:16 though! So I *think* it's actually more complete than the officially released version.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Joel Nohn wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:19 pm I’m around half way through the first HMC disk and it’s very cool to hear these early takes and instrumentals. The tracklisting is a bit skewed on the liner notes but appears to be correct on the outer covers.
Cool! I've listened to the first two discs of the Misterclaudel. Disc One contains most of the "early takes and instrumentals" that are on the HMC, right? They're very cool. Much cooler, for my money, than the official "Underdubbed" set that just came out. Disc Two also contains that killer take 1 of "Girl's School," which is another highlight for me.

Yes, Misterclaudel pads its set with what I suspect are a bunch of self-created demixes/remixes/whatnot. I suspect HMC will do the same-- can you confirm that? Of the suspect Misterclaudel mixes, a couple of them are interest (to me, anyways!). Like bagpipe isolations on "Mull of Kintyre."

I pre-ordered the HMC from two different dealers but I don't think either of them actually have it on hand yet, but I'm dying to compare the two versions. Like I wrote elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if each label has a choice nugget or two exclusive to their set.

Also though-- how's HMC's Dustin Hoffman tape? Is it an upgrade over what we already have?
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

I ordered the Misterclaudel set yesterday so I’m very happy reading these reviews today and so excited for my set to arrive!
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:56 pm
Joel Nohn wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:19 pm I’m around half way through the first HMC disk and it’s very cool to hear these early takes and instrumentals. The tracklisting is a bit skewed on the liner notes but appears to be correct on the outer covers.
Cool! I've listened to the first two discs of the Misterclaudel. Disc One contains most of the "early takes and instrumentals" that are on the HMC, right? They're very cool. Much cooler, for my money, than the official "Underdubbed" set that just came out. Disc Two also contains that killer take 1 of "Girl's School," which is another highlight for me.

Yes, Misterclaudel pads its set with what I suspect are a bunch of self-created demixes/remixes/whatnot. I suspect HMC will do the same-- can you confirm that? Of the suspect Misterclaudel mixes, a couple of them are interest (to me, anyways!). Like bagpipe isolations on "Mull of Kintyre."

I pre-ordered the HMC from two different dealers but I don't think either of them actually have it on hand yet, but I'm dying to compare the two versions. Like I wrote elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if each label has a choice nugget or two exclusive to their set.

Also though-- how's HMC's Dustin Hoffman tape? Is it an upgrade over what we already have?
Didn’t get the time to get through the set last night, hope to pick up where I left off tonight and I’ll let you know.
unbelievable

Post by unbelievable »

I was hoping someone would have already shared a link to the download by now, but I respect the idea that we should give the label the chance to get its investment back. I wish there was a way to pay for a downloadlink, to chip in without having to buy the CD version.
Chicagofanforever 5+

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

Thanks for those links!