britt2001b Beatles Remixes

Fan created remixes and rare variations
NowhereFan

britt2001b Beatles Remixes

Post by NowhereFan »

I just discovered this person, "britt2001b", surfing YouTube for new Beatles mixes: of which there are more every day. The first link I saw was to Got to Get You Into My Life, advertised as "Now with Vibrant Drums!" It did have really good drums, loud as they should be (I'm always a big drums and Ringo guy), and IMO it's better than the Giles Martin 2022 version. Here's the link:

This is the only song I've listened to so far, but I liked it so much I wanted to share his channel on this forum. Maybe others will discover some exciting new "finds" as I did. He has lots of songs; not just Beatles. But he has a collection called Revitalized Beatles: 2024 Remix Collection, with 17 songs on YouTube (no songs past 1966 so far except for Lady Madonna). That may be all his Beatles songs to date. I don't know. I just discovered it a half hour ago.

His channel also has a list of 60s pop, 50s rock, and British Invasion songs (all stereo). He only has 916 subscribers, but a whopping 353 videos already: most of which seem to have been uploaded in the last month. Interesting visuals, too. This may be a major new remixing bonanza for Beatles fans. Get 'em before they are removed!
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.
NowhereFan

Re: britt2001b Beatles Remixes

Post by NowhereFan »

I've listened to all 16 Beatles songs now, and Lady Madonna was the only other one that is my new favorite. But there are some interesting things: especially with vocals. And I Love Her and Penny Lane are single-tracked (and the latter has the "alt" trumpet at the end, which I prefer, myself). This Boy and Drive My Car split up the vocals, left, center, and right. That takes some getting used to (it's not my preference), but it's definitely fun to hear all the vocals more distinctly.

The main feature of his (or her?) mixes are the separation of multiple vocal tracks, single-tracked lead vocals, and highlighting drums and usually bass, too. I happened to select what I thought was the best remix in my first listen. But everyone is different! Just my $00.02 cents' worth . . .
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Some good ones. I hear some are tweaks of Giles' mixes (panned drums are obvious).

I personally don't care though for pulling out harmonies/backing vocals and shoving them totally to one side. It's needlessly gimmicky like Giles' panned drums. The song should be the focus not the remix tricks. Stuart from MadTV "Look What I Can Do!"
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Yeah; the spread-out vocals work only for some songs, IMO. I think Nowhere Man has been done very well in that respect, by ScottAlan. I love that mix. But many of those attempts come off "gimmicky" as you say. The ones I mentioned are good only as "alt" listening experiences, as a matter of my own preference.

I liked the three-channel-vocal This Boy at first but then liked it less each time I listened to it and compared it to the clustered vocals. It's almost as if three separated vocals makes the listener tend to listen to just one at a time, rather than all together. Giles did a really good job with that song. He kept the harmonies together (just very slightly separated, I believe).
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I like gimmicky mixes as a one off listen, but a serious remix should steer clear of all gimmicks yes.

I like the louder drums on that one though. A different feel. Not sure it's better, but it's a different way of hearing it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
etidel

Post by etidel »

Really fine art
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Tex wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:07 am Some good ones. I hear some are tweaks of Giles' mixes (panned drums are obvious).

I personally don't care though for pulling out harmonies/backing vocals and shoving them totally to one side. It's needlessly gimmicky like Giles' panned drums. The song should be the focus not the remix tricks. Stuart from MadTV "Look What I Can Do!"
Felt the same way, lots of a.i artifacts with that too, just not worth it
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:24 am I like gimmicky mixes as a one off listen, but a serious remix should steer clear of all gimmicks yes.

I like the louder drums on that one though. A different feel. Not sure it's better, but it's a different way of hearing it.
Agree on "gimmicks." But then of course folks will disagree as to what constitutes a gimmick. :D Some people think all remixes whatever are gimmicky because they innovate in some fashion. Obviously not the view of this forum (thank heavens)!

I regard Got to Get You Into My Life as a soul song or highly influenced by same, and they usually have strong drums (the Stax sound, many Motown songs, etc.). That would be my reasoning if asked to defend this mix. Ringo's drums were so often buried in the original mixes so -- who knows? -- Maybe this was how loud they originally sounded.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

A few of his Mixes were good, like Byrds Going Back and Buddy Holly's Its So Easy. But quite a lot were not Stereo , just " High+Low " Mixes. Plus on three of the Videos had blank no sound glitches in the first 30-45 seconds ! Anyway, Thank You for sharing this U-Tube Site with us.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

ToddS wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:09 pm A few of his Mixes were good, like Byrds Going Back and Buddy Holly's Its So Easy. But quite a lot were not Stereo , just " High+Low " Mixes. Plus on three of the Videos had blank no sound glitches in the first 30-45 seconds ! Anyway, Thank You for sharing this U-Tube Site with us.
You're welcome. I thought that some folks might like it, and they did. It's always fun to discover new Beatles mixes.