NEW Paul HMC title forthcoming!

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
anthonybeat

Re: NEW Paul HMC title forthcoming!

Post by anthonybeat »

The bootleg has already been released. Photos of the discs and the booklet are posted on Facebook. The second volume is expected in April.
Golem

Post by Golem »

hopefully someone shares it soon, it's magic that we're getting the chance to hear these tapes
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

CharlesHawtrey wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:59 pm
mikec wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:48 am
billychildish wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:56 am What's "The Dustin Hoffman Tape" all about?
Try to find Misterclaudel's Alone Together Vol 1, released like nine years ago, the whole tape is there.
The original source is there:

"my mother worked as a script reader for mr. hoffman in the '80s. i visited her at the apt/office she worked at a couple of times. i saw a cassette with 'paul & linda' written on it - and snatched it immediately, since i remembered the story of them visiting him right before 'band on the run' was recorded."
Finally getting through the rest of the set, the SQ is the same for this tape - Neither here nor there for the HMC or other iterations. It’s nice that it has found a home here, I guess.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Joel Nohn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:54 pmFinally getting through the rest of the set, the SQ is the same for this tape - Neither here nor there for the HMC or other iterations. It’s nice that it has found a home here, I guess.
Thanks for this update! Overall, are you happy with this new HMC? Any other highlights for you beyond the obvious new mixes on disc 1?
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:10 pm
Joel Nohn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:54 pmFinally getting through the rest of the set, the SQ is the same for this tape - Neither here nor there for the HMC or other iterations. It’s nice that it has found a home here, I guess.
Thanks for this update! Overall, are you happy with this new HMC? Any other highlights for you beyond the obvious new mixes on disc 1?
Nothing that stands out specifically - The bonus tracks on disk one are a bit tedious, uniformly good material leading up to the Hoffman tapes and having the bonus sound effects at the end of disk two is nice rather than running through podcasts again. I appreciate that they were all put together.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Is the "Silly Love Songs" studio outtake the one with Paul McCartney humming the melody (like on the piano demo which was released on the official box set) instead of the horns section ?

There is an audio excerpt on the auctioned tape which seems to convinced me that's the same outtake or rough mix.
I was wondering if this is an alternate take (since we have only the chorus on the audio sample) or if it is the same that was used for the last track on CD2 of the Voo-Doo set "Wings At The Speed Of Sound".
Or is it a better sound quality transfer ?